What is "KLV"

Bill Combs

After upgrading using the Accordance Primary 8 DVD a text module called KLV shows up in the "search text pop-up menu" and the "display text pop-up menu." When I select it, a window opens asking me to navigate to the KLV text module. Apparently, there is no such thing as KLV or is there? Anyway one was not installed with the version 8 DVD, as far as I can tell.

The KLV is the Klingon Version. It's a user Bible created by Joe Weaks, as a proof of concept. It's available on his blog.

Klingon is a fictional language from the Star Trek TV/Movie series. There's also a KLV module for the free MacSword Bible program. :)

Not sure why it showed up after you updates.

Lorinda

The KLV is the Klingon Version. It's a user Bible created by Joe Weaks, as a proof of concept.

Proof of concept!?! How do you know it's not my preferred version for reading? Actually I'm not nerdy enough to read a word of Klingon.

This post had me laughing at loud, and also a little embarrassed.

I quote from your blog:

And if you want to see just how customized you can now make your tastes, accept this Klingon Version Accordance module as a proof of concept.

;)

I meanwhile, am nerdy enough to:

1) own a Klingon language dictionary

2) have written love notes in Klingon to my boyfriend (now my husband of nearly 15 years)

3) have known about the Klingon Bible translation project (and the split over translation philosophy) for many years.

4) have helped create a syllabus for a course on "interstellar spirituality" based on Star Trek as a gag gift for a beloved (but decidedly non-trekkie) seminary professor. (Betazoid wedding rituals were my favorite addition to the list)

:)

Lorinda

• 3 weeks later...
4) have helped create a syllabus for a course on "interstellar spirituality" based on Star Trek as a gag gift for a beloved (but decidedly non-trekkie) seminary professor. (Betazoid wedding rituals were my favorite addition to the list)

Hmm. Maybe this should be converted into an Accordance user tool and put on the exchange!

Archived