Search bug

miketisdell

Searching for either:

ב שם יהוה

or

שם יהוה

The selected lexical form cannot be found in the HMT-W4 text. (I a pretty sure this worked in prior versions of the Android app).

Additionally, when I click on the magnifying glass, it is always defaulted to "verses" even though the last search was for "words."

I confirm that this word is not being found: שם. I could be the shin/sin issue or the homograph, or? It is found if I search the lexeme for the selected word (1st word in Gen 2:11).

It is also found if I select and copy the phrase and paste it between quotes in the search box.

• Like 1

I confirm that this word is not being found: שם. I could be the shin/sin issue or the homograph, or? It is found if I search the lexeme for the selected word (1st word in Gen 2:11).

It is also found if I select and copy the phrase and paste it between quotes in the search box.

How are you selecting a phrase in the Android app? I understood that this is a feature that has not yet been implemented.

On iOS, you have to type the phrase without quotes. But the preference must be on exact instead of flex search.

Try it on Android. I think it should be the same.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hi Mike,

I'm using Android 8 with Acc 1.1.8 (10050) and I get results if I search for ב שם יהוה or שם יהוה. No quotes are required.

You are correct that the Android app has yet to get support for cut and paste.

As to the resetting of the Verse/Words option I am not seeing it. It might be happening where searches are failing I suppose but when they succeed I see the same option selected when I open the dialog again.

Thx

D

Hi Mike,

I'm using Android 8 with Acc 1.1.8 (10050) and I get results if I search for ב שם יהוה or שם יהוה. No quotes are required.

You are correct that the Android app has yet to get support for cut and paste.

As to the resetting of the Verse/Words option I am not seeing it. It might be happening where searches are failing I suppose but when they succeed I see the same option selected when I open the dialog again.

Thx

D

I just tried again and get no result; I even turned off the flexible search option (as suggested above) and still get no results. Based on Helen's suggestion, I tried searching for just שם and got the same results. However, if I select שם from the text and choose search I get  1-שֵׁם= and the search works. It does appear that the issues is with the ש, that being said this is a significant problem because you cannot enter the nekkud on an Android keyboard.

Oh .... well I use my own keyboard mapping built in Keyman and it enters שׁ and שׂ with the Nikkud just fine on my Tab S3. So I tried on my phone with the same Acc version but without the keyboard mapping and indeed that is a problem. On my phone I don't use the same keyboard - I just use a modern Hebrew keyboard.

Thx

D

• Like 1

. . .  you cannot enter the nekkud on an Android keyboard.

Hi Mike,

Actually, there is a way to enter them all, with UnicodePad (and copy and paste).

In this case, type שׁם יהוה in UnicodePad (ש plus its dot to get שׁ),

post-32543-0-27310500-1531843640_thumb.png

then copy and paste it into the search box,

post-32543-0-97732900-1531843662_thumb.png

and, you will get this:

post-32543-0-88750400-1531843706_thumb.png

Regards,

Michel

How are you selecting a phrase in the Android app? I understood that this is a feature that has not yet been implemented.

My bad, I am using an early Aleph version that supports copy. We hope to release it soon for beta testing.

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

Actually, there is a way to enter them all, with UnicodePad (and copy and paste).

In this case, type שׁם יהוה in UnicodePad (ש plus its dot to get שׁ),

attachicon.gifUnicodePad Hebrew.png

then copy and paste it into the search box,

attachicon.gifSearch box שׁם יהוה.png

and, you will get this:

attachicon.gifשׁם יהוה Search results .png

Regards,

Michel

That's an option, but I do hope this can be fixed so that isn't needed.

Hi Mike,

Go to the search box and select Words

Enter : b vm yhwh

This will work. I tried it on my phone.

Why ? Well it's the Yehudit keyboard mapping. Go to https://www.accordancebible.com/Keyboard-Layout-For-Yehuditand download the PDF. It shows the mapping to the English keyboard.

Now, I have not tried it all out but the above works. Note that the bound bet must be separated from the shem.

Thx

D