Page turning problems

pbgroover

Love the page turning feature, however it is producing odd effects when the parallel screen is open or has been opened, these are what I have noticed so far:

After scrolling the bottom screen the top screen can get stuck in a loop where it wont move past a certain page

After minimising the bottom screen I was unable to proceed past 3 pages without it reverting back to the page I started on

Turning pages forward worked OK but when turning pages back it jumped several pages

These adverse effects seem to be connected with the parallel screen having been opened and/or used in scrolling mode while the main screen is set to page turning. Is anyone else having these problems?

I'm on IOS 11.4 and Accordance 2.7.0

Thanks Paul

Hey Paul, thanks for the reports.  Do you think you could post a screenshot or specific example where the page turning didn't do what you expected?  Knowing which device you are running on will also help.

Thanks!

Hi Joel,

I'm running on an iPhone SE, not sure how to screenshot from the iPhone.

It seems to be doing strange things when the top screen is set to page turn and the bottom screen to scrolling. After scrolling the bottom screen the top screen begins playing up when using page turning as described above. It happened whenever I tried page turning so have turned it off for now.

Thanks Paul

You should be able to screenshot by pressing the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously.

I'm only asking because I am not reproducing the problem. If you aren't able to attach a screenshot, could you describe what texts/tools you had in the upper or lower panes, and what you scrolled where?

I have ESV text in the top pane and ESV Study Bible in the bottom pane, I'm in Matt 6 right now, page-turning on the top works fine, but if I scroll the ESV Study Bible in the bottom pane and/or slide the pane divider up & down, when I page-turn the top it moves from 6:2 to 6:5 then back to 6:2.

It seems that the bottom pane is becoming the dominant pane after it is scrolled and/or the pane divider is moved and is limiting the top from moving past 6:5. If I unlink the 2 panes the top page-turns fine again, but as soon as I link the panes together again, the page-turning the top pane is restricted.

Hope this helps find the bug and a fix.

Joel, this problem is happening in scrolling mode too, it seems to be linked to after the pane divider is moved. I took a short video of it happening using another phone and will email it to the support email address for your attention. Is there a way to revert back to the previous iOS version as this is making using Accordance on my iPhone a problem. Thanks Paul

Thanks for the video!  It was good to see the problem starting in a video, I think we've now tracked it down.  iOS 2.7.1 is nearing release, so you should get this fixed very shortly.

• Like 1

Thanks Joel, it’s good to know a fix has been found, thanks for looking in to so quickly.

Paul

Thanks Joel,

Have updated to iOS 2.7.1 and this problem is fixed. I love the way Accordance Support responds so quickly to issues - great customer service and care!

Paul

• Like 2