Copy and Pasting

Ron Bailey

I have a problem that I can't find the solution to.

I am trying to copy paragraphs of biblical text to paste into another application (OmniOutlinerPro).

I am viewing in paragraph mode. I want the end product to be the copied paragraph with the full paragraph reference at the end of the parapraph eg 1 Cor 12:24-26 BUT I would also like the individual verses to be identifiable with a single number.

I can get parts of this answer but never the whole answer.

eg. this is the result of

1. a copy as a citation;

but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 1Corinthians 12:25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 1Corinthians 12:26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. 1Cor 12:24-26 NKJV

2. a copy with no superscript

1Cor. 12:24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

The 'no superscript' is closest to what I want although I want the full reference ie 1 Cor 12:24-26 and the version NKJV. The 'copy as a citation' gives me my full reference but interrupts the quotation with full verse references, and I really want the reference at the end of the quotation.

What I am trying to get is...

24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. 1Cor. 12:24-26 NKJV

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks

The "no superscript" does nothing to verses references, it applies to the references to margin notes and cross references which are superscripted in the body of the text.

If you go to Preferences/Citation you can set the display separately for the content, for the verse references for each verse, and the reference for the citation. I am sure you will find a setting you like, and this will apply each time you copy as citation. I think you are seeing the default which omits the verse references. These citation preferences are independent of the way the text is displayed when you copy it, and apply only when you copy as citation.

Got it!!

Content: no markers; show as paragraphs, show as paragraphs; copy text as block, suppress poetry, hide superscripts, all checked.

Content References: no markers; format omitting book and chapter; abbreviate book name checked (but grayed out?);

Citation Reference: no markers; Location after citation; abbreviate book name and included text abbreviation both checked.

I think the key was 'omitting book and chapter' in Content References.

Many thanks again. This is such a flexible programme!!

Archived