Recently opened list

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 1.1.2

I was looking up things in the recently used list and could not see an item I had recently opened. I eventually looked way down the list (it's about two pages) and there it was. Playing with this a little it looks like the algorithm is like this :

If the item I now open is not in the list put it at the top, pushing out the last one in the list (it seems to hold a max of 15 entries). If it is already in the list do nothing. Thus a frequently used item slowly ages out if you switch to enough other resources. Is that about how it works ?

I had expected more recently used items to float to near the top, and thus be more readily accessible. I think it would be good to tweak it a bit to do something like that.

Thx

D

The recently opened list is one of my biggest pain points with the mobile app (iOS, I assume android is similar).  I would rather it just be removed, so I don't have to deal with clicking through it. (Due to how it works, my workflow is "click past the recent list" to the library and type the first few letters of what I am looking for).

What I am looking for is almost never in the recently used list, and yes the frequently used things are often among a big list of items, so its easier to skip through to the library screen and tap out (for example) NASB than it is to scroll through the recently used list.

The way it works on Android it's not in the way. The library search box is available at the same time so you can use either directly. I think a really simple tweak would be to put the newly opened item at the top of the list, either putting it there if it's not in the list or moving it there if it is. It would result in a simple LRU approximation. It would probably be enough.

Thx

D

• Like 1

That makes much more sense! (As long as the search box is searching the entire library, not just the recently used items)

Yep it searches the entire library. Here is what the Android library first page looks like :

post-32023-0-48006700-1528433534_thumb.png

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

I can take a look at this. I thought I was told to do it the way it is, but perhaps I misunderstood...

OK, I made the tweaks, should be in 1.1.4 beta, whenever that comes out (1.1.3 is in beta now). Please whack on it when 1.1.4 betas, it should be fine (and worked in my limited testing).

• Like 1

Many thanx for this Scott. I'll take a look

Thx

D