Greek Syntax Search Help

jarcher

I'm hoping someone can assist with this syntax search.

I'd like to find all occurrences of nomos when the article does not appear prior and excluding prepositional phrase.

Or to state it another way... I'd like to know if nomos ever occurs outside a prepositional phrase in the NT w/o the article.

Thanks!

I actually found what I'm looking for w/o the syntax search. I'd still be willing to learn though. :-)

It does occur as I guess you found but attached is my workspace. I was working on cross-check queries but haven't finished. But have a look anyway. There is at least one false positive and one questionable case (improper prep) in my results but some real ones also.

Thx

D

JArcherNomos.accord

• Like 1

Thank you so much! This is awesome and a really helpful learning tool.

• Like 1

John 19:7 appears to be a hit in my list but not yours.

John 19:7 appears to be a hit in my list but not yours.

And this is a direct consequence of the way I combined the construct queries. It was false negatives that I was looking to find with my cross-check queries. In this case we have one verse with two occurrences of νομος which is not that uncommon alas. Because I have Q1 <NOT> Q2 I end up excluding that verse because one of the νομος is articular.

It's harder to search for things not in certain kinds of phrases than in them with the syntax. Overall it seems a non-construct case for this is likely to be more successful in this case given the number of verses with more than one occurrence. Something like :

νομος <WITHIN 2 Words> <NOT> <PRECEDED BY> *@([article], [preposition] )

seems to do ok, not perfect but better.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

Thanks so much, D. I really appreciate the help on this!