FUZZY Command Shortcut

dgzylstra

Hello, All!

For some reason I can't seem to get the "Fuzzy Command Shortcut" listed in the latest Newsletter to work!

Details:

I open a search window, and enter my text (Ex. 20). I see the phrase, "I am the Lord your God," in the text and I want to do a FUZZY search to see how many times a similar phrase occurs in the Bible and where. I select the phrase, bring my mouse over to the resource palette and, while holding down the "SHIFT" key I click on the "magnifying glass" icon (which is the "search button", right?). A new window opens with the results of my search, but it doesn't appear to have done a "FUZZY" search, just a normal one with the exact phrase. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Dan.

When I repeat what you describe, my search argument becomes: [FUZZY 2] I am the Lord your God. So it is working for me.

You do have version 8.0.2? The Bible module was not created pre 2000 (certain new features do not work on really old modules)?

When I repeat what you describe, my search argument becomes: [FUZZY 2] I am the Lord your God. So it is working for me.

You do have version 8.0.2? The Bible module was not created pre 2000 (certain new features do not work on really old modules)?

It turns out that I'm working with 8.0. I'm downloading 8.0.2 right now. I only started working with Accordance with version 6, though, so I wouldn't imagine that my Bible modules are pre 2000....

I'll re-post once I've installed the program updates...

Thanks for your help so far, Helen.

All right, so I've updated to 8.0.2, and I've made sure that my Bible modules are as up-to-date as they can be (being from Library 7, most of them), but when I highlight the phrase I want from the text and shift-click on the search button, I still get a regular search...

Here are some screenshots that may or may not be helpful...

You seem to be doing everything right, yet I cannot reproduce the problem. You are continuing to press shift as you click on Search? I could share your screen via iChat and try to figure it out, if you send me your screen name.

I could share your screen via iChat and try to figure it out, if you send me your screen name.

Oh the beauty of OS 10.5! Troubleshooting via iChat. How sweet! What other software company would do that for ya?!

Tom

Thanks, Helen!

I've sent my screen name to your Accordance email address. I appreciate this very much!

Dan.

Thanks, Helen!

It turns out that Helen spent a bunch of time screen sharing with me and was able to determine that it was one of my "Login Items" that was conflicting with the Accordance shortcuts.

I went on to narrow down which particular one it was--turns out that a little program called "SofaControl" (which is a nice little utility expanding the functionality of the apple remote). I'm not sure how, but SofaControl somehow interferes with using the "Option" and "Shift" keys as modifiers in Accordance. I'm not sure, at this point whether or not SofaControl interferes with other programs use of those keys as modifiers as well. I'm also pretty sure that I don't understand what's going on either.

What I am sure about is that Helen and the others really helped me out a lot! Thanks!

Archived