Font Size in Instant Details 12.2.6

Fabian

Hello

The font size of Greek is much smaller than before. Here a screenshot from the ID with the Leonberger Bible. post-32723-0-47353100-1527282576_thumb.png

The same with the transliteration from a Hebrew Bible post-32723-0-81175700-1527282675_thumb.png. Same with the transliteration from a Greek Bible.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Hello Fabian,

I am not seeing this behavior, even when I switch to german and copy the exact same verse in Leonberger.  Is there any chance that the tab is being inserted by your word processor, or that you have somehow copy/pasted a tab into your starting marker box in the citation preferences?

EDIT:  Oops, I replied to the wrong post.  I meant that as a reply to this post: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/23801-get-verses-tabulator-at-the-beginning-1226/

Edited by Silas Marrs

Hello Silas

I recognized this after upgrade to 12.2.6. A Mac restart and Accordance restart doesn't help.

I have this now on every word in a tagged text  post-32723-0-29549000-1527514335_thumb.png

Also the transliteration are now smaller than 12.2.5 by default. post-32723-0-85579800-1527514514_thumb.png

I don't have changed any preferences in the Instant Details box.

Greetings

Fabian

I have noticed this as well. I have my preferences set for "Very Large" and sort of reminds me of the print Bibles now. Giant print today is what normal print was a few years ago. Well, it could be my aging eyes. Seriously, I do think the Instant Details is smaller under 12.2.6

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Silas

Many thanks it works very well now.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Silas 

Unfortunately I found one situation which needs your hand again. 

In the Qur'an-T the problems persist. 

post-32723-0-61291200-1529941579_thumb.png

Thanks

Greetings

Fabian

It seems to me, as well, 1) that this was much improved in the next-to-last update and 2) that the inconsistency has returned to Instant Details in the latest update. I can't be thorough, but there is a noticeable difference in, say, the Greek parsing for the Apostolic Fathers, and the critical apparatus for that same module in ID. The same goes for the hyperlinked verses in NIGTC and the footnotes in that same module.

Are others finding the same problem?

Don

Edited by Donald Cobb

I'm seeing an inconsistency every so often with footnotes.   Mounce's BBG Workbook and Reading Koine Greek come to mind.

• Like 1

Donald:

Please post screenshots or send in corrections via Report a Correction. Just telling us there are inconsistencies does not help us find and fix them.

• Like 1

Donald:

Please post screenshots or send in corrections via Report a Correction. Just telling us there are inconsistencies does not help us find and fix them.

Sorry Helen, I can't figure out how to past an image from my desktop into this post. I was mostly trying to confirm what Fabian has noticed, i.e., that depending on the text in ID the font size can vary significantly. If I can work out how to paste an image, I'll do it.

Hello Don

To post images go to "More Replay Options" post-32723-0-90734000-1529995926_thumb.png

Then "Select file" and "Attach This File". post-32723-0-57460100-1529996027_thumb.png

If you want the images are in the post not below your writings then "Add to Post". post-32723-0-42607400-1529996102_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Thanks Fabian!

Hello Helen,

As a comparison, take a look at the ID in these two shots.

post-34440-0-85895900-1530006563_thumb.png

post-34440-0-31736700-1530006589_thumb.png

Don Cobb

I'm going to be honest Fabian - I hadn't figured out how to post pictures here until you posted that  :D

• Like 2

Donald:  I'm still looking into the the Apostolic Fathers/critical apparatus thing you were talking about, but as far as the footnote being smaller, that's expected behavior.  We pull the text from the tool, and we always try to respect the relative text sizes as they are set by the author/publisher, and in this case they set their footnotes smaller than the body text.

Fabian:  I see what you are saying about the transliteration text being smaller in Arabic, and I'm adjusting to try to get it to match the transliteration that you'd see in Greek and Hebrew.

• Like 1

Donald:  I'm still looking into the the Apostolic Fathers/critical apparatus thing you were talking about, but as far as the footnote being smaller, that's expected behavior.  We pull the text from the tool, and we always try to respect the relative text sizes as they are set by the author/publisher, and in this case they set their footnotes smaller than the body text.

Fabian:  I see what you are saying about the transliteration text being smaller in Arabic, and I'm adjusting to try to get it to match the transliteration that you'd see in Greek and Hebrew.

Hi Silas,

I suppose I can understand this, but that makes for lots of inconsistencies which are bothersome when constantly going between verses which the reader sets at a comfortable size for his/her eyes, and the footnotes which are then much smaller. In comparison with another Bible software program (= uniformity in all the popups, which I find much more logical), I find that with the ID having different sizes, I'm constantly resizing the font. And that slows down the reading pretty considerably.

That's my take on the matter. Thanks for thinking about it.

Don

Hi Silas,

I suppose I can understand this, but that makes for lots of inconsistencies which are bothersome when constantly going between verses which the reader sets at a comfortable size for his/her eyes, and the footnotes which are then much smaller. In comparison with another Bible software program (= uniformity in all the popups, which I find much more logical), I find that with the ID having different sizes, I'm constantly resizing the font. And that slows down the reading pretty considerably.

That's my take on the matter. Thanks for thinking about it.

Don

For older eyes something like this for the Instant Details would be great.

post-32723-0-05511600-1530029744_thumb.png

And or a button to choose always the same size as in the related text or tool, so if you make it in the text bigger it so it is in the ID.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

For older eyes something like this for the Instant Details would be great.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-06-26 um 18.19.30.png

And or a button to choose always the same size as in the related text or tool, so if you make it in the text bigger it so it is in the ID.

Greetings

Fabian

+ 1

Thanks now for the Quran it is also solved.

Greeting

Fabian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Silas

I found another issue – not in the ID –, but in the search entry box.

The font is huge there in comparison to the other ones.

Quran-T post-32723-0-75553900-1531225800_thumb.png 

HMT post-32723-0-35285600-1531225977_thumb.png

I see in the Quran-T is also another font used.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

• 3 months later...

Hello Silas

Unfortunatley some bugs came back with Accordance 12.3 and the Module version 1.4.

post-32723-0-83876300-1541077516_thumb.png

I don't have tested it on iOS, it would be good if you check there it too with version 1.4.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1