Another grammar search option?

jarcher

This is probably a pretty outlandish idea but...

Last night I was attempting to reconstruct an original language search and thought, "This would be much easier if I could just select the text I want to base my search on and click 'grammatical search' or something like that."

For example, I wanted to search Paul for other instances of the Greek construction as follows:

So.. I did this:

[NOUN singular dative] <FOLLOWED BY> <WITHIN 1 Words> [VERB second plural present active imperative] 

However, it would be awesome if I could just select πνεύματι περιπατεῖτε and do a "grammar search" and then select the individual items that I wanted to include my search on.

Edited by jarcher
  • Like 1

Interesting idea. I could imagine a "search from example" kind of option. Your example is morpholgy only but I could see this being done with syntax options too. I regularly enough look at a passage and construct a search for syntax based on the syntax of the example. It would certainly be convenient to be able to have that initial search produced by such a technique.

Thx

D

I believe this is already possible.  Just select a phrase of the desired grammatical construction and do Right Click -> Search for -> Tag.

• Like 3

Nice one - I see that it is, for morphology. Didn't realize you could do that. Something similar for syntax producing a construct would be nice.

Thx

D

• Like 1

I believe this is already possible.  Just select a phrase of the desired grammatical construction and do Right Click -> Search for -> Tag.

This. Is. Fantastic. 

Man.. You guys really have thought of everything.

You can get a good start on the search by selecting, right-click and Search For Tag.