Bugs in the Beta Version 1.1.0b20

miketisdell

Version 1.1.0b20

The first two I cannot reproduce, the last one is reproducible.

1. I was browsing in Daniel 2 when the screen started scrolling on its own. It continued to scroll for several minutes until I shutdown the app. I could stop it by touching the screen but it would continue as soon as I stopped touching.
  2. After restarting the app, touching the text to get the search/amplify option stopped working.
  3. After stopping the app once more and restarting, I was again able to touch the text to get the search/amplify option. In trying to duplicate the prior problems, I went back to Daniel, and tried to see if the search/amplify would stop working (but could not duplicate it). However, when I tried to use "amplify" for תִנְיָנ֖וּת the search/amplify window would disappear but the lexicon entry would never appear. This is repeatable and true regardless of whether Lexeme, Inflected, or Root is chosen.

(Dan 2:7) עֲנ֥וֹ תִנְיָנ֖וּת וְאָמְרִ֑ין מַלְכָּ֕א חֶלְמָ֛א יֵאמַ֥ר לְעַבְד֖וֹהִי וּפִשְׁרָ֥ה נְהַחֲוֵֽה׃

Another bug: Parenthesis do not work correctly in Hebrew searches.

Example: ‏איש ‎<AND> ‏(אמר ‎<AND>‏ אלהים)

On the computer this search works, but on the tablet it does not.

I get the following message that appears and then disappears rather quickly: "An unexpected parenthesis was encountered.\n\n Each close parenthesis must be preceded by a corresponding open parenthesis."

In English the parenthesis work without a problem.

Another bug: Morphology on HSYRIAC-C and HSYRIAC-S does not work correctly. The initial search/amplify box shows only random number strings like "3211110912111010098" for עמינדב; continuing to try the morphology can cause a crash.

Ok I can repro. 3 and it may be because it's Aramaic. Amplify is going to Hebrew Entry.

thx

D

Ok I can repro. 3 and it may be because it's Aramaic. Amplify is going to Hebrew Entry.

thx

D

Were you able to reproduce all three or just the last one. I can reproduce #3 of the first one, as well as the second and 3rd.

Note: on the second one, I entered the post from my PC and the parenthesis appear correct on the PC. They appear incorrect on my tablet. I wonder if the way the tablet encodes parenthesis with mixed text is part of the problem.

Yours and my updates crossed. I was referring to the 3 in your OP.

In general I try to log a new topic for each issue so that confusion doesn't arise when there is conversation about an issue. I know it takes more time but it's a bit clearer.

I haven't tried the ( ) searches and I don't have the Syriac modules so I cannot comment on that one.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Ok, I tried the paren thing. If you use the parens in the opposite way, using ) to open and ( to close then the search works. So in right to left the parens are being interpreted incorrectly.

Thx

D

Another bug: Morphology on HSYRIAC-C and HSYRIAC-S does not work correctly. The initial search/amplify box shows only random number strings like "3211110912111010098" for עמינדב; continuing to try the morphology can cause a crash.

On this one, in .0b21, I'm getting this:

http://i68.tinypic.com/25q9puv.jpg

I'm out of my element here, but at least the series of numbers is doing something different.

Version 1.1.0b20

The first two I cannot reproduce, the last one is reproducible.

1. I was browsing in Daniel 2 when the screen started scrolling on its own. It continued to scroll for several minutes until I shutdown the app. I could stop it by touching the screen but it would continue as soon as I stopped touching.
  2. After restarting the app, touching the text to get the search/amplify option stopped working.
  3. After stopping the app once more and restarting, I was again able to touch the text to get the search/amplify option. In trying to duplicate the prior problems, I went back to Daniel, and tried to see if the search/amplify would stop working (but could not duplicate it). However, when I tried to use "amplify" for תִנְיָנ֖וּת the search/amplify window would disappear but the lexicon entry would never appear. This is repeatable and true regardless of whether Lexeme, Inflected, or Root is chosen.

(Dan 2:7) עֲנ֥וֹ תִנְיָנ֖וּת וְאָמְרִ֑ין מַלְכָּ֕א חֶלְמָ֛א יֵאמַ֥ר לְעַבְד֖וֹהִי וּפִשְׁרָ֥ה נְהַחֲוֵֽה׃

On #1, I'd need more detail to try and reproduce. (What text, for example. Single or dual pane, etc.) As I don't think I've heard of that one before, it would seem it will be difficult to repro.

On #2, I had a similar-ish report that had adjustments in made in .0b21.

On #3, since I don't read Hebrew (I'm not sure if this is HMT, BHS, what), I could use some help beyond just referencing the word. Something like "Genesis 3:17, 3rd word". Sorry, but you're dealing with a guy here who is mildly dangerous in Greek, but to him, Hebrew looks like a chicken dipped its feet in ink and danced across the screen. I *think* you are talking about the 2nd word in Dan 2:7, but I'm not sure. I tried amplifying the lexeme there and got this:

http://i64.tinypic.com/15qc4yu.jpg

Which may or may not be what you are seeing.

In short, on matters Hebrew and beyond, you're dealing with pretty much a Philistine. :)

Side note, that response above is also what I get in iOS.

Edited by Scott M
  • Like 1

On #1, I'd need more detail to try and reproduce. (What text, for example. Single or dual pane, etc.) As I don't think I've heard of that one before, it would seem it will be difficult to repro.

On #2, I had a similar-ish report that had adjustments in made in .0b21.

On #3, since I don't read Hebrew (I'm not sure if this is HMT, BHS, what), I could use some help beyond just referencing the word. Something like "Genesis 3:17, 3rd word". Sorry, but you're dealing with a guy here who is mildly dangerous in Greek, but to him, Hebrew looks like a chicken dipped its feet in ink and danced across the screen. I *think* you are talking about the 2nd word in Dan 2:7, but I'm not sure. I tried amplifying the lexeme there and got this:

http://i64.tinypic.com/15qc4yu.jpg

Which may or may not be what you are seeing.

In short, on matters Hebrew and beyond, you're dealing with pretty much a Philistine. :)

Side note, that response above is also what I get in iOS.

I just tried this in 1.1.0b21 and it appears to have been fixed. Maybe the fix for 2, also resolved 3.

FYI - after Daniel 2:4a, the text switches from Hebrew to Aramaic, so this one was an Aramaic issue. :rolleyes:

I also checked the issue with the HSYRIAC-S text, and it appears to be slightly better i.e. I am no longer getting random numbers. However, most of the words return "The selected word cannot be found in the HALOT text" or it simply disappears without returning anything. Occasionally, it will return the lexicon entry.

I also checked the parenthesis issue in 1.1.0b21 and it is also still an issue.