Error message: "The text ______ is not currently available to Accordance."

ct253

Hello.

I have imported a lot of User Tools from my own articles, ebooks, etc. However, I'm having a lot of problems with the Research function. These User Tools work just fine during normal use (e.g., reading them), but an error comes up when I am doing Research.

When I do a research search in these user tools, I repeatedly get a popup in the style of "The text "JSNT" is not currently available to Accordance." It still shows the Research hits in the background, but this error message shows up, coming back about 1 second after dismissing the previous one. 

When I scroll through the User Tool to the next one (e.g., scrolling down to leave JSNT to see the research hits from JBL), the error messages stop for JSNT, but then start up for the new resource (e.g., JBL).

These messages make it very annoying and make it so that I can barely use the Research module, which is a very important part of my workflow.

I have already tried Rebuilding Research Cache, and it didn't help.

One potentially relevant detail is that I have organized my User Tools into a complex, multi-tier set of folders to keep them organized. That is, there are folders within folders. (e.g., My Tools>Biblical Studies>Hebrew Bible>Torah>article). Would this have anything to do with these error messages?

Thanks for your help.

Colin

• Like 1

Hello, can you confirm that you have updated to the latest version of Accordance? (12.2.4)  We fixed a similar issue a few months ago, and I'd like to be sure this isn't something we've already addressed.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue came up for me again. It looks like it is still a problem. Any thoughts?

Ok, I submitted a fix for this on April 26th, and that should have made it into the 12.2.5 release, so if you're still seeing this in 12.2.5, I guess I need to do some more digging.

Now that I read your post again, it looks like you are giving your user tools the same name as an official Accordance module?  Does the problem persist if you rename them to something else?

That could be, in terms of that specific JSNT one, but I've also had some issues with books with file names in other formats. 

This morning the problem occurred again with "Joshua, Judges - Texts & Contexts". So unless I unintentionally duplicated the name of an official module, that is different. However, I tried it a few different times. Each time, I got the same error message, but the 3rd(?) time, it was put in the library despite showing the error message. So at this point, I have the module, so this is not urgent by any means.

Thanks for your continued help!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I got an error message, "the text Philo-E/PSEUD is not currently available to Accordance" in my latest version of software (currently 13.2.2). The message popup is shown when my mouse is hovering on those links which are pointing to Philo-E/PSEUD in Comprehensive Crossrefs, but I have already installed the text of Philo-E/PSEUD in my library.

After some testing, I found the pattern as follows. No error message comes out if I open the text Philo-E/PSEUD before hovering my mouse on the links. However, after I close the software and start over, the same error appears again if I have not opened Philo-E/PSEUD beforehand. 

• Like 1

This is a known bug and is fixed in 13.3.0. Run check for app updates to install the latest version of Accordance.

• 2 years later...

I've just updated my iOS (MacBook Pro) to Sonoma 14 (the latest iOS) and my Accordance is running on v13.3.4
I've never had this problem before by now I'm getting "The text [...] is not currently available to Accordance". I'm getting it on multiple modules. I also can't seem to reinstall them from the Easy Install. Literally nothing I can do and I'm in the middle of an assignment.

• Like 1

We are definitely having issues with Sonoma, including 13. See:

5 hours ago, MamacatB said:

I've just updated my iOS (MacBook Pro) to Sonoma 14 (the latest iOS) and my Accordance is running on v13.3.4
I've never had this problem before by now I'm getting "The text [...] is not currently available to Accordance". I'm getting it on multiple modules. I also can't seem to reinstall them from the Easy Install. Literally nothing I can do and I'm in the middle of an assignment.

It's safe to say this is a well established issue with Sonoma and intel Macs.