Slide show mode and USB Remotes

TyreeWD3

When using Accordance in "slide show mode" I would like the ability to use my USB remote.  Is this possible?  If so, can someone explain to me the steps necessary to make this happen.  Thanks!

Interesting question. In the absence of any other responses, I have put in what i have found but someone more knowledgable may be able to add more.

I use a Kensington 33374EU Wireless 2.4 GHz USB Presenter and Red Laser Pointer.

With Accordance

In non slide show mode, the presenter scrolls through whatever I am looking at, a page at a time (so everything is working).

When in slide show mode, nothing happens with the presenter. I can only scroll through the tabs by Hitting the arrow keys on my mbp.

I haven’t tried my air turn as that is set for use with my iPad but I’m guessing it won’t be different. The air turn certainly doesn’t work with page turning in the iOS app.

There is this article and nothing about usb presenters in it.

https://www.accordancebible.com/Using-Accordance-To-Teach-A-Bible-Study-Part-5

I would be tempted to try putting what you want in a stack or paper and scroll through in non slide show mode if you want to use a usb presenter if no one can come up with better instructions.

My workflow is I put everything into word to get the formatting correct with styles and convert to pdf and project that in full screen (command L or control L) and the Kensington presenter is brilliant.

What usb presenter are you using?

Edited by ukfraser

The slide show should also advance when clicking, so perhaps your USB remote has a click option?  Or hopefully it can be mapped to something else, like the arrow keys.

Hi Joel & thanks

Kensington Presenter works fine with Accordance in normal everyday mode scrolling text on page at the time (backwards or forwards).

Presenter Doesn’t do anything with Accordance in slide show mode.

Has forward and back buttons (and blank out for PowerPoint/keynote). No configuration needed with other programs. Just plug and play.

https://www.kensington.com/en/gb/4492/33374eu/wireless-presenter-with-red-laser

Edited by ukfraser

What usb presenter are you using?

Thanks for your response.  I am using a Targus USB remote.  It has settings for PC, Mac KN, and Mac PPT.  I use it with my Macbook Air.  PowerPoint and Keynote work fine.  I was hoping that I could use the remote with Accordance in slideshow mode.

The slide show should also advance when clicking, so perhaps your USB remote has a click option?  Or hopefully it can be mapped to something else, like the arrow keys.

Hey Joel,

My remote does have an advance function but nothing happens when I use it in Accordance's slide show mode.  It is a Targus USB remote.