Exegetical Summary Series--even MORE hyperlinks!

R. Mansfield

I've also noticed that not all links show the reference work in the Instant Details. For example, hovering over AB doesn't show:

Barth, Markus. Ephesians. The Anchor Bible, vols. 34, 34A. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Company, 1974.

I see the same behavior on a few others. My understanding is that if you don't have the resources installed it should display the source material from the bibliography.

Edit: I probably spoke too soon on this. Some instances do show the right bibliography info in the instant details box. One example when it doesn't is Eph 4:1. One example of when it does is on the discourse units section of Eph. 4.

Edited by jarcher

My understanding is that if you don't have the resources installed it should display the source material from the bibliography.

If, e.g. AB is tagged with a link to the commentary and you do not have the resource installed it will not default to showing the bibliography info contained in the commentary. It's either / or. We don't have the ability to do two types of links on the same text.

Thanks, Rick! That makes sense. I misunderstood the video description.

The NIV is now linked to the 1984 version which is not available anymore. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Fabian. Updating the NIV modules to fix that issue asap.

• Like 1

Heads up! Today is the day to get introductory pricing on the Exegetical Summary Series. At midnight EST tonight, the sale price turns into a pumpkin.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Fabian. Updating the NIV modules to fix that issue asap.

Does this change affect the usage/meaning of the citation? 

Does the NIV (whatever version is used now) have the same meaning as the 1984 version that the commentary refers to?

Does this change affect the usage/meaning of the citation? 

Does the NIV (whatever version is used now) have the same meaning as the 1984 version that the commentary refers to?

In most cases, probably because the link is still just going to the verse reference. 

SIL is referring to the 1984 edition of the NIV, but we don't offer that any more. If you have an old copy of it, you can put it in parallel with the 2011 version to see any changes (which would be interesting to see anyway). 

Please forgive me if someone asked/answered this question already, are the rest of the HB/OT books being added to this module?  If so, if one were to buy this module now, how much more is it likely to be for the entire set?

thanks!

David

Please forgive me if someone asked/answered this question already, are the rest of the HB/OT books being added to this module?  If so, if one were to buy this module now, how much more is it likely to be for the entire set?

David, SIL has said that they are not planning to complete the OT. I hope that changes. There is a separate Sermon on the Mount volume as well as one on Acts that will be forthcoming. I’m not certain if it’s been worked out yet whether those volumes will be a modest upgrade or a free add-on.

Heads up! Today is the day to get introductory pricing on the Exegetical Summary Series. At midnight EST tonight, the sale price turns into a pumpkin.

Thanks, Rick.  And thank you as well for the video.  I went ahead and took the plunge after putting a fleece out about purchasing it or not.

• Like 2

Thanks, Rick.  And thank you as well for the video.  I went ahead and took the plunge after putting a fleece out about purchasing it or not.

I have to ask--did that fleece come back wet or dry? 

• Like 1

I have just encountered an issue with the NICNT18 links. When I mouse over the NIC1 links in 2Cor. 4:1 I get a warning popup "The text 'NICNT-18' is not currently available to Accordance." 

I checked my resources and I still have the older NICNT-18 module in Library>Application Support>Modules>Tools. When I attempt to load it so I will not get the warning popup it presents me with a request to enter a validation code. 

I had the same issue, but when I removed the module completely from the Modules folder, Accordance then correctly opened my latest version, NICNT18.

I had the same issue, but when I removed the module completely from the Modules folder, Accordance then correctly opened my latest version, NICNT18.

Thanks! that worked for me but only after I relaunched Accordance. 

• 3 months later...

The SIL Exegetical Summary Series in Accordance now includes the Sermon On The Mount volume. Save 50% this week when adding all 31 volumes to your Accordance Library, or add the SoM volume to your already existing set for $9.90!

I'm trying to figure out whether the new Sermon on the Mount volume adds more information that is not in the existing Matthew volume. All I can see so far is that it is different, although similar in some places. Can anyone elaborate on the differences?

Thanks

Sightly different authorship: David Abernathy, 2013, for Matthew; and Thomas Tehan & David Abernathy, 2008, for SoM. There is no explanation within either volume about why there is the need for two volumes, but some content is different. The SoM volume is definitely more in depth since is is almost two hundred pages by itself, and the entire Matthew volume is around 275 pages.

Note in the attached screenshot that the Matthew volume treats the whole sentence of Matt 7:1 and the SoM volume treats the first clause by itself.

SIL%20ESS%20SoM.png?dl=1

• Like 1

Sightly different authorship: David Abernathy, 2013, for Matthew; and Thomas Tehan & David Abernathy, 2008, for SoM. There is no explanation within either volume about why there is the need for two volumes, but some content is different. The SoM volume is definitely more in depth since is is almost two hundred pages by itself, and the entire Matthew volume is around 275 pages.

Thanks! Very useful, you should put that on the product page for SoM.

• Like 1