Text Display

Jonathan

Is there any way to have different settings for the searched references than the following references? For instance, if I search on John 1, I would like the first reference to have John 1:1 and then to omit the book and chapter for the rest of the text. I like the "omit book and chapter" option but then if I do a search on a word or phrase, I have no idea what books the references are coming from.

I guess an "omit book and chapter except for initial reference" would be perfect.

Also, is there a reason that Accordance doesn't have an automatic update? It's one of the few Mac programs I have that doesn't tell me when an update is available and offer to download and update it for me.

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan

Jonathan,

You can always tell the reference for the top verse in a Text window by looking at the Go To box in the bottom right corner of the window. This always shows the reference no matter what your display settings.

You might also try leaving the book and chapter references, but displaying as Continuous paragraphs. This will display the book, chapter, and verse at the beginning of each paragraph, then just the verse number at the beginning of each verse.

As for automatic updates, we're working on it.

Archived