Easy install crashing

arcanemuse

Everything works until you try to open easy install. Crash. Please try again. Filed one feedback. Any fix for this? Version 1.0 worked fine. This new update not so much

One of the staff had a similar issue which we fixed by logging into to another account and then back to hers, but we really don't want you to create another account just for that purpose.

So I have created an account that you can try: username androidtest, password Android123

I tried and can't reproduce this. (The feedback hasn't posted to the Android console, at least yet.)

What was the scenario?

Were you using the initial account screen to log in, or the log in Easy Install (if you haven't logged in anywhere else), or even Settings to log in?

Were you logging in as a new account or existing Accordance account?

Did Easy Install seem to start downloading, show any messages, or did it crash without any visual feedback?

We would appreciate knowing more details on how you logged in with the release version, through the initial screen, through settings, through Easy Install, or was it already logged in from 1.0?

I had the same issue yesterday with my Blu phone. I can try the test account above later on. 

Logged in through the initial screen.  I uninstalled 1.0 and the google play version before trying again.  I changed it through the settings screen to my login and then it worked.

Edited by arcanemuse

OK, so if I follow, are these the steps?

1. a. Installed update 1.0.1 over 1.0,

1. b. Logged in through the initial screen,

1. c. Tried EI and crashed.

Then

2. a. Uninstalled 1.0.

2. b. Installed 1.0.1.

2. c. Logged in via Settings.

2. d. Tried EI and it worked.

Sorry to be obsessed with the details here, but I'm trying to figure out how to duplicate this...

I first uninstalled 1.0 and then 1.0.1  but yes past that... i uninstalled 1.0.1 and reinstalled it and then tried the test account via initial screen and then changed to my login in settings.

I believe I found and fixed the issue. It only happens if the user is logging in on a clean install, but already had the android starter content added to their existing account sometime earlier.

This will probably need a brief internal beta test to ensure I didn't make a stupid blunder in the fix, and then a new release with the fix should rattle on out in due time.

Thanks for the feedback.