Burmese Bible

ryangeer

I have several friends who speak Burmese and would benefit from a text (tagged would be great) of the Myanmar Standard Bible (which is, apparently, a better translation than Judson's version).

Is there any chance of doing something like this? Is there a process in place to add versions for languages that might not bring a large user base to the table?

• Like 2

I have moved this to Module requests, and we do need to see more than one request, plus hopefully some information on the sources for a license and an etext.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If we go with https://www.bible.com/versions/1391-msb I suspect we're going to need SIL Graphite linked into Accordance to properly display the text. I believe AAT cannot render it correctly, and anyway that wouldn't be portable to Windows.

On this topic, having Graphite will be super helpful for Urdu and other Nastiliq languages....

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, ryangeer said:

I have several friends who speak Burmese and would benefit from a text (tagged would be great) of the Myanmar Standard Bible (which is, apparently, a better translation than Judson's version).

Is there any chance of doing something like this? Is there a process in place to add versions for languages that might not bring a large user base to the table?

To have a tagged Burmese Bible would be great. 

I guess for the newer Myanmar Standard Bible Accordance has to have the right to distribute it via an agreement and the permission of the one you tagged the Judson Bible. Also a skript who compares the words in the verse to automatically tag the same words. For the words which are changes since Judson the person who tag the Judson Bible must be willing to help. All is not impossible and Lord willing it will happen.

I'm working on the tagged version of the Judson Bible as we speak. 

• Like 1