The Passion Translation® New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs

AccordanceUser09

Hello ,

I would love to see this amazing and beautiful translation Bible text module added if possible. I think Bible Gateway has it so it should be in electronic format. It would be awesome if the Accordzncd team would go to bat for it!

The Passion Translation® New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs is translated from Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic texts by Dr. Brian Simmons.

• Like 1

I am intrigued by this but was put off by reading the following from the Passion Translation of Proverbs:

https://www.amazon.com/Proverbs-Wisdom-Above-Passion-Translation/dp/1424549426/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514947652&sr=8-2&keywords=passion+bible+proverbs

post-101-0-14914700-1514947704_thumb.png

Ok my Hebrew is rusty but the translator here appears to be conflating the noun mashal with the verb mashal, then applying both meanings to make his point.

That's pretty shabby exegesis IMHO, but I may be wrong.

Maybe someone better at Hebrew than I am can weigh in?

Thanks

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would commend this work as beneficial and helpful as a paraphrase. However, as someone who is quite comfortable with stretching what can be called a translation, and quite comfortable with single author translations, I do take issue with the decision to call this work a translation.

(I can't comment on the Hebrew, but it does appear to take too much liberty with the greek)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great translation for the purpose, Passion.  For study I use more tranditional text.  This translation speaks deep to the heart of passion of Christ for the Body.

• 11 months later...

Hello Forum...I am very pleased with The Passion. I refer to it frequently...through another bible program...to create my messages for our church congregation. I could see it being very beneficial to pastors, teachers and scholars. I would be very appreciative if it were added to the next Accordance library update. Thank You.

• Like 1

The "translator" of the Passion translation claims:

1) That God himself has directed the translation choices he made.

2) That he has access to an original Aramaic source that supersedes the Greek.

This is not a translation I would ever recommend.

• Like 4

For those that are comfortable with works like these, I would recommend reading The Word of God in English by Leland Ryken.

• Like 1

It Is Becoming Increasingly Hard To Communicate With Some Level Of Accuracy And Certainty The Truths That We Hold Near And Dear To Us… While Many Are Choosing To Use “Paraphrase” Explanations In Their Sermons… "The Passion” Which Is A Translation Is A Fine And Pleasant Alternative...

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Yes! I second this -- we don't need to moralize the pros and cons of this -- we come here to get tools to do our work. Part of the value of Accordance is the convenience of having a variety of resources in one sophisticated program -- get this done!

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

We're discussing licensing terms with the publishers of TPT right now.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...