The Context of Scripture, Volume 4 Supplements

theblackbluejay

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if Accordance is planning to acquire the new Supplements Volume to COS, The Context of Scripture, Volume 4?  If so, is there an estimate of when it will be available in Accordance? It wiuld be very helpful to me, but I can’t afford Brill’s price for the Hardcover edition.

Thanks!  Happiest of Holidays to everyone.  :D

David

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Dr. Brown.  Here's hoping that it happens : )    

• Like 2

Glad to here this 4th volume is coming!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

+1
I have the first three volumes now since 8:23 PM yesterday. Only reason I waited this long was both that the resource specific sales that I saw come and go a few times were not a deeper discount than BF CM (I thought really hard what might the publishers have allowed to be discounted fares for OakTree to pay them?) and that I already had it under the competing platform since April 19. 2012 with Original Languages Library.

Accordance can compete and I always believed this resource would attract more customers too! It's serious, recent enough, accurately priced for all sides.

+1

I have the first three volumes now since 8:23 PM yesterday. Only reason I waited this long was both that the resource specific sales that I saw come and go a few times were not a deeper discount than BF CM (I thought really hard what might the publishers have allowed to be discounted fares for OakTree to pay them?) and that I already had it under the competing platform since April 19. 2012 with Original Languages Library.

Accordance can compete and I always believed this resource would attract more customers too! It's serious, recent enough, accurately priced for all sides.

This resource is actually lacking a lot. The texts are clipped to what the editors thought was necessary and lines and lines of various texts are completely missing. I would not recommend it for serious study. There are much better editions out there. Just MHO

I know but I generally like anthologies. And considering for how long I needed to wait until I could get it for a lower price (duplication being the dilemma) I even so recommend Accordance to produce the last volume!:

This resource is actually lacking a lot. The texts are clipped to what the editors thought was necessary and lines and lines of various texts are completely missing. I would not recommend it for serious study. There are much better editions out there. Just MHO

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

bump!
I want volume 4 under Accordance!:

I [...] like anthologies. [...]I [...] recommend Accordance to produce the last volume!:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

+1

• 1 year later...

It's been a long time coming, but vol. 4 of COS will be available very, very soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That is great news Mark! Has really made my day

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark

Do you have any timescale for Vol 4? every Tuesday I look with much anticipation

3 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

Do you have any timescale for Vol 4? every Tuesday I look with much anticipation

I'm not Mark, but I can tell you with pretty good certainty that vol. 4 will be available in August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news! August would be a good time for a sale on all the DSS modules too (just sayin'...)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great news! The volume 4 supplement has now been added to The Context of Scripture in Accordance. If you already have the previous three volumes, and are logged into the system, you should see a discounted upgrade price when you view the product webpage.