Quran-T Bug in Instant Details

Fabian

Please check your Preferences: Unicode Display and make sure that each language is set to a Unicode font such as Accordance.

Dear Helen

I see it is set to Georgia. But the font selection is greyed out.

Greetings

Fabian

Now I have tip all Display settings and there I wasn’t able to change it. As I went back it has automatically changed the font to Salaam. But now it’s worse than before. Now are the text itself unreadable.

Still the font settings is greyed out.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks, I found your explanation on the Mac there is all on Accordance.

But on the iPhone?

Greetings

Fabian

This is a bug that will be fixed for the 2.6.1 release. Thanks for the report!

While we're at it, in your example text, the first line هم الخسرون seems to lack a superscript alef (al-ḫāsirūna) or is it just cut off?

Sorry dadurch, da jetzt alles in der Salaam Schriftart ist, ist alles zerschossen, wie im Pop-up im Bild oben. Und ich kann nicht mehr zurück. Das heisst warten bis 2.6.1 verfügbar ist.

Grüsse

Fabian

Interesting thing about the Salaam font.

I had imported earlier the Quran in the User Tools and it use automatic the Salaam font (right side). And it looks good, but if I use the Salaam font in the new Quran-T then ... (left side).

post-32723-0-20673600-1514020709_thumb.png

With the Accordance font it looks like this:

1. The leading between the lines is much bigger. I had mentioned this before, that the Accordance font is not usable within other fonts eg. in Word. All lines which has a word in the Accordance font. No matter if it is Hebrew, Greek or Latin etc. have a bigger leading. And it is therefore not usable.

2. I see the advantage of non unicode fonts, they are much faster. The scroll speed in the Accordance font is poor. Here has Accordance to speed up. 

post-32723-0-38957800-1514021043_thumb.png

Please allow unicode and your Salaam etc. to work in the GoTo boxes of the Bibles and Tools (User Tools) also in the TOC.

Greetings

Fabian

Many thanks for the 2.6.1 update. All bugs are solved which I had mentioned except this one.

The Font is now still on Salaam and not changeable.

post-32723-0-56950100-1514485679_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Done. Now the Font is in Georgia and the Instant Details looks as in the last image I‘ve sent.

Greetings

Fabian

As I was now on „All Display Settings” the font has changed to Salaam with the same result as before the update to 2.6.1.

Now the boxes in the font came back.

Greetings

Fabian

• 3 months later...

Just updated to version.

As usual first it shows correct. It was on Helvetica Neue. After I was on "All Display Settings" as usual it changes to the "Salaam" font. And to change the font is still not possible. it is still greyed out.

post-32723-0-88970400-1522343419_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the continued reports, Fabian.  This bug has now been fixed for the next release.  Until then, however, I believe you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the QURAN-T module, and refrain from accessing its All Display Settings.

Thanks for the continued reports, Fabian.  This bug has now been fixed for the next release.  Until then, however, I believe you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the QURAN-T module, and refrain from accessing its All Display Settings.

O.K Thanks for your Answer.

• 2 months later...

Just updated to version.

As usual first it shows correct. It was on Helvetica Neue. After I was on "All Display Settings" as usual it changes to the "Salaam" font. And to change the font is still not possible. it is still greyed out.

attachicon.gifIMG_0109 Kopie.jpeg

Many thanks for the update of the Quran now with glosses.

But the bug still persists. Yes I delete it, reinstall it and first it looks fine. Till I go to the all Display settings. Interesting on the Mac it is in unicode but on the iPhone it seems it is hardcoded to Salaam which is not a unicode font.  Maybe you have to correct me.

And the Interlinear doesn't work either on iOS.

Greetings

Fabian

We expect to release an update to the app this week which fixes these issues.

• Like 1

Great. If I'm correct it is now possible to upload 10 images, not only 5, to the iTunes Store. 

3.0 with library, Papers and Stacks sync?

Greetings

Fabian

Will the module work in Windows when it is released? The old version was so buggy on Windows that it was unusable.

I just tested this on Windows as well as iOS. The Arabic text and tagging and glosses appear in Instant Details and in the Parsing tab. The only issue on Windows is that selecting and right-click to search did not work yet. I am sure we will fix this soon. You can still search by selecting the word from the list of lexical or inflected forms.

I just tested this on Windows as well as iOS. The Arabic text and tagging and glosses appear in Instant Details and in the Parsing tab. The only issue on Windows is that selecting and right-click to search did not work yet. I am sure we will fix this soon. You can still search by selecting the word from the list of lexical or inflected forms.

Search criteria typed into the search window also did not work, is this fixed?

No, we still need to work on this, it's requiring the vowelling but it's not yet working correctly.