Unable to split screen in 2.60

Ed Heckman

I upgraded to version 2.60 on my iPad Mini 2 running iOS 11.2.1. Somehow I lost the ability to split the screen. I've tried killing and relaunching Accordance multiple times, had it clear the current session and download caches, turned off and rebooted the iPad, and even upgraded iOS from 11.1.2 (where it was when I updated Accordance) to 11.2.1, all with no effect. Of course, rotating the iPad doesn't solve it either.

The navigation arrows on the bottom toolbar appear to be offset slightly to the right from the center, as if Accordance thinks the screen is slightly wider than it actually is, pushing the split button off the right side.

Just after I wrote this, I had an idea. I turned off the new Page Turning feature, and the toolbar corrected itself after I selected a different text.

I found the split screen only works when you are in scrolling mode, but not in page mode.

That's correct, John. You can only have one pane open at a time if you are in page turning mode.

My default is to have texts in scrolling mode and tools in page turning mode. That allows me parallel panes with texts but when I have just a tool open I get page turning.

Page turning with two panes will be added in an upcoming update. 

• Like 2

In other words, this is Page Turning 1.0.

Fair enough. I won't call it a bug. It's just an unexpected (by me) consequence of a new feature.  :D