Syntax tree improvements re nulls

A. Smith

It looks like the 12.2 update changed the way nulls are displayed in the syntax tree. Rather than the numerical reference they are now connected via arches on the other side of the tree. This is great. One question. What is the meaning of the various line colors connecting the nulls and their antecedents? 

post-29320-0-40544100-1513520632_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi ya,

It isn't just for nulls. This applies to all antecedent relations. The doc only says this about the colours :

Antecedents are indicated by a gray line to the right of the word list in the Syntax pane. Varying shades of gray are used to distinguish lines within the same sentence that may overlap.

I'm not seeing it in overlap cases but generally where multiple antecedent relations are marked within a sentence.

Would be good to know.

Thx

D

Hi ya,

It isn't just for nulls. This applies to all antecedent relations. The doc only says this about the colours :

Antecedents are indicated by a gray line to the right of the word list in the Syntax pane. Varying shades of gray are used to distinguish lines within the same sentence that may overlap.

I'm not seeing it in overlap cases but generally where multiple antecedent relations are marked within a sentence.

Would be good to know.

Thx

D

What doc? Is there a syntax guide for the NT module?

If I remember correctly Daniel cited from the Accordance Help-Files.

Greetings

Fabian

I just opened the help and searched for syntax just in case it said anything. I found this comment in the Display the Syntax -> The Syntax Pane -> Holmstedt Syntax.

Thx

D

I just opened the help and searched for syntax just in case it said anything. I found this comment in the Display the Syntax -> The Syntax Pane -> Holmstedt Syntax.

And yes there is a doc on it. It was a PDF but now it's been converted to a module. Look for Hebrew Syntax Guide in the library. If is based around Hebrew examples and such but it covers all the basic concepts of the Holmstedt syntax model.

Thx

D

• Like 1