Neverending splash page spinning beach ball upon restore from backup

Joe Weaks

Bought a new iphone

Restored it from an iTunes backup of my previous phone

Every time I launch Accordance, all's I get is the splash page with a never-ending spinning beach ball.

Restarting app or phone didn't work.

Had to delete the app from the phone and reinstall. boo. no fun. sad. :)

Lastest version of ios and accordance version

post-16-0-33986200-1512259644_thumb.png

Restoring accordance has never worked for me. Always requires delete/reinstall. 

And always delete saved session etc from the settings menu. (I tend to do a sync from my mbp for getting the content from my library I want into my iOS device first) and then do easy install for new items or those I suddenly decide I need).

And always delete saved session etc from the settings menu. (I tend to do a sync from my mbp for getting the content from my library I want into my iOS device first) and then do easy install for new items or those I suddenly decide I need).

That's never helped me. I've reset everything and still got the never-ending splash screen. Delete and reinstall is all that has worked for me, between probably 4-5 devises over the years. 

That's never helped me. I've reset everything and still got the never-ending splash screen. Delete and reinstall is all that has worked for me, between probably 4-5 devises over the years.

Interesting

Was at a 3 day conference last weekend. Accordance misbehaved just before the main speaker on the second day so did a quick remove saved session and it opened happily and I was able to use it for copying the bible references while taking notes.

;o)

Interesting

Was at a 3 day conference last weekend. Accordance misbehaved just before the main speaker on the second day so did a quick remove saved session and it opened happily and I was able to use it for copying the bible references while taking notes.

;o)

No no. I mean after a phone restore from backup, which is what Joe is describing.

Currently, Accordance Mobile only "marks" user content for system backup (not the installed modules). Accordance Mobile should notice a restored state, install the bundled modules, and allow users to re-download their modules.

We have had reports that this is not working in the latest releases and are investigating.

Finally, making this process easier has been on the list for a while and hopefully will be addressed in a future revision.

Thanks for feedback,

Mike

To clarify, the result made the app completely unusable. I wondered if the spinning ball splash screen was just downloading stuff, so one time left it on for half an hour.... nope.

To clarify, the result made the app completely unusable. I wondered if the spinning ball splash screen was just downloading stuff, so one time left it on for half an hour.... nope.

Yes, this is the process that was recently broken I believe. 

Yes, this is the process that was recently broken I believe. 

Sorry I can't be more help.