BDAG entry for στρατηγός

A.D. Riddle

The BDAG entry for στρατηγός has this weird statement: "it occurs several times in ins as a popular designation."

This makes no sense to me. What is "ins"? Is it an abbreviation, a mistake? Would anyone be willing to verify, please, that this is what the paper version of BDAG has?

Thanks,

A.D. Riddle

I think it means "inscription". See this note in the abbreviations section

Ins, ins = Inscription, Inschrift, inscription(s). Without a period, esp. in lists, as at the beginning of entries; the capitalized [p. lxviii] form is used in titles. In conjunction with literary works this abbr. refers to the title or description of contents.

Thx

D

Right you are. Seems like that would be a nice abbreviation to include in Instant Details when you hover over it.

A.D.

Working on it now.

Having been an Accordance user before I was an employee, the quick responsiveness of the Accordance team still impresses me.

• Like 1

Having been an Accordance user before I was an employee, the quick responsiveness of the Accordance team still impresses me.

And Mark is working on this during a major holiday weekend in the US! 

Thanks,

Joseph

even it's not a biblical holiday, I agree.  :D

The BDAG update (version 2.4) is ready. I want to add how much we appreciate all the correction reports for this and other modules. Note that in Mac or Windows (and soon on iOS) you can right-click on an error and select "Report a Correction," although posting the report in the forums is fine too. 

I love the fact that resources in Accordance just keep getting better over time, thanks to collaboration from our wonderful users. You're the best!

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 5

Thank you, Mark. I already got the update. In my initial post, I was trying to determine whether this was an error.

This forum is great. I feel like there is a never chance that I will post a question or issue here and never hear anything back--and usually the response is pretty immediate.

A.D.

• Like 3