Syncing Issues

rcdeacon

Yesterday I downloaded the new CSB17S to both my Windows 10 laptop and my ipad air 2. Things performed normally as I began to highlight in CSB17S. This morning I continued on my task of reading and marking as I read in Romans. At some point I did a Dropbox sync and everything went sour! IOS crashes every time during a Dropbox sync now. I did remove the cache and start up session but to no avail. Additionally ALL of my highlights on the ipad have changed color and type! They appear normal on the laptop so I immediately copied my Accordance files to the desktop in case of a major meltdown. I have since attempted a Dropbox sync from the laptop which appears to work normally but when I attempt the same on my ipad air 2 I get a Dropbox dialog box that informs me of 4 sync tasks and the progress bar appears for a second or two and then crashes!

Bob

Bob,

This post probably explains the source of the highlighting/syncing issues.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys, 54 year old Newb trying to sync his iMac to an iPhone 5.  Could I have detailed instructions on what to do please?.  I have recently purchased the Accordance 12 Full version.  An upgrade from the Lite Version.  I wish to progress and add other modules.  Ask time progresses.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Accordance!

Accordance includes excellent documentation and help. There is a section on syncing to your mobile devices with Dropbox or WiFi.

Let us know if you run into any problems or have questions,

Mike

I am experiencing a similar issue after completing the update/upgrade to the latest versions of Christian Standard Bible (2017) upgrade from HCSB/HCSBS and Understanding the Bible (NT) free upgrade from NIBC or UTB Commentary.  However, I am on Accordance 10.4.5 for Mac.

I am no longer able to sync between my iPad Air and computers via the Dropbox link.  I turned off the link to the Dropbox account and then went back to add the account, but the program does not allow me to insert my Dropbox details.  So, i've gone from bad to worse.  To compound matters further, I cannot access the link noted above for additional details about the syncing issues because I am denied access to that particular forum page.

​At any rate, I am hopeful someone will have some added insight that may be shared to resolve this latest hiccup.  I use the sync to Dropbox to be certain all devices are current.  My opting to use mobile syncing is way too labor intense considering the number of devices I access my Accordance details.

Thanks, Helen for the update.  I was starting to wonder if that were the case after comparing functions on other devices and confirming it didn't matter if I had updated the previously noted books or not.