SBL GNT apparatus as a user tool or notes companion

Jonathan C. Borland

Hello Accordancers,

Some time ago someone made a user Bible of the SBL GNT which works perfectly in Accordance, and I'm so glad someone did this for us! However, now I'm wondering if someone could also do something similar with the SBL GNT apparatus, but format it as a user tool/note, which could then be used to scroll along with the SBL GNT text. Could anyone do this for us? I'm sure many Accordance users would find this very beneficial.

Jonathan Borland

It's been done already. I can email it to you directly. 

• Like 2

If its the one (SBLGNT and SBLGNT Apparatus) that I have done two or three years ago, then the Apparatus is not absolutely accurate. Because to this time User Notes haded't support unicode and I had must delete some characters. Since then also the verse order can be changed. 

I have done also the Apparatus not only as User Notes, but also as User Bible which runs in parallel. I had preferred the last one more than the User Notes variant. But I would also love to have the ability to create User Tools wich runs in parallel like the commentaries from Accordance. Other Bible Software allowed this. Hopefully it comes in the near future, whatever that means.

I recently thought I have to do it again, but haven't done yet. To create an Imported Bible SBLGNT and the Apparatus for the SBLGNT as Imported Bible this is done very quickly, but to do a User Notes I had used 2 days of copy paste. It would be great if we can import html also as User Notes.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Something like this ⸁ , ⸀ are deleted in the old User Notes. You see it on Matt 23:30 in the Apparatus and on a few other verses.

I have done a new Imported Bible from both, but no User Tool or User Notes.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

A user here emailed me the formatted apparatus, and it works awesomely. Thanks so much! --Jonathan

• 2 years later...

Dear Accordancers,

The wonderfully formatted apparatus file for the SBLGNT that someone sent me years ago has somehow become corrupted. Could some kind user email that to me again? Many thanks,

Jonathan

nihao@pobox.com

Done

To Accordance It would be great if the unicode characters I mentioned, would be in the Helena Font. I can then create a better SBLGNT. Waiting since 2017.

Something like this ⸁ , ⸀ are deleted in the old User Notes. You see it on Matt 23:30 in the Apparatus and on a few other verses.

and ⸂ ⸃ 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Many thanks for the 13.1.5 update. It solves a few problems. 

Hopefully the siglas I mentioned above find the way in the Helena font. Plus "/",  "…" the unicode one. And some other character which now is in the today Greek, that are not in the Helena font right now. 

Fabian

• 10 months later...

I'm new to this, and I don't exactly know what to do once received, but I would kindly like the sbl for accordance, too! Thank you! (I would really like it!!)

NashQuintans@gmail.com

Edited by John Quintans

6 hours ago, John Quintans said:

I'm new to this, and I don't exactly know what to do once received, but I would kindly like the sbl for accordance, too! Thank you! (I would really like it!!)

My MacBook is in repair now. But I can send you what I have after I get it back. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 12:09 AM, Fabian said:

My MacBook is in repair now. But I can send you what I have after I get it back. 

Looking forward to it. Thank you!