New Old Spurgeon sermons

Tim Hall

I would like to request a new module. B&H Academic is releasing a multi-volume set of the earliest C.H. Spurgeon sermons. They have already released Vol. I & II.

Information on Vol. II can be found here: http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/products/lost-sermons-of-c-h-spurgeon-volume-ii

Having Spurgeon's Sermons in my library already has been a God-send. I would imagine these additional volumes would be icing on the cake.

post-18813-0-46807100-1507492752_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Hall
  • Like 1

We already have a similar collection of "Forgotten Early Sermons" that are awaiting development. But, this could be something else to pursue since it purports to be the first "critical edition" of any of Spurgeon's works.

Thanks for the request.

• Like 1

I noted when I looked up Volume 1 on amazon.com, that one reviewer said that they were not really sermons, but rather sermon notes. I thought that was interesting, and something I would have wanted to know before buying the book in either paper or electronic form. Just FYI.

It was my understanding that it contained Spurgeon's sermons & outlines, his notes on the sermons, as well as the critical notes on the sermons.

• 5 years later...

Hoping to resurrect this. Especially since B&H has come out with what I think is the last volume!!

• Like 1