Ideas! I need ideas!!!

Timothy Jenney

Thanx Dr. J,

though I'd like to encourage you to request any new features that may make such investigations possible

I already have :)https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25613-corpus-linguistics-additions/?hl=%2Bcorpus+%2Blinguisticsbut I'll keep notes and update and or create new requests as I go.

In any case, I applaud your desire to dig deeper and explore the boundaries of what Accordance can do.

I am working on a recreation of a paper by Randall Buth on the use of connectives in Luke compared with other texts - Josephus, Philo and so on. He originally did it using data from Accordance which I am using also. My plan initially is to show how Accordance can be used in a multi-tool workflow to support a study of this type. I then have other studies I want to take up.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 2

Another Idea.

Organize the Library

First to explain what I have done here

Second: I have often done some screenshots of your Library which you showed in the Podcasts or from other users or from the Webinars as an Idea how I can organize my Library. 

Maybe you ask users who had a sophistic library organisation to share it.

I have after a fresh install of Accordance build my library organization a bit different than before, but I'm not finished. So I would love to see good ideas.

Greetings

Fabian

May this can be also a Blog, with different library organizations. But it would be difficult to show the full Library in one image.

I just watched the video of the new Webinar with Helen. And at the end someone (not me) asked how the library from Helen is organized. So this seems to be quite interesting. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 months later...

See this post, it would be a good idea to upgrade the BDB in the way Fabian is asking for, and then to make a Podcast such as the one I'm asking for and with the presentation of search of all the Ancient Languages that would then have been newly enabled: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/23290-replace-the-images-in-the-bdb-complete-with-its-searchable-text/?p=114085 :

What can be done with English Pro Collection version 12 13 or 14 as prerequisite, that the Collection is not made for? Such as cognate languages, [...]

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/5/2017 at 11:55 PM, Timothy Jenney said:

What else would you like?

Let me know!

I would like to see more Lighting the Lamp podcasts geared to practical used of syntax databases or on case studies. For example a podcast that demonstrates how use Accordance to check grammatical/syntactical claims such as:

"Only God is the subject of bara"

and a then how set up a construct query that would

Find the subject (and or object) of bara
as well as when bara has no explicit subject or it is used in the nifal/passive like in (Ezekiel 21:35, 28:13 & 15)

Another example:

(1) Granville sharp rule

(2) search for all the places in the Hebrew Bible where someone starts a conversation with God, not simply replying to God.

Edited by Brian K. Mitchell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

that would be so useful!

• Like 1

I think Dr. J. departed Accordance awhile back. Rick was doing a reboot of Lightning the Lamp, and I enjoyed the episodes he watched. When COVID hit, I thought some of the podcast production paused since I didn't see new podcasts come down my podcast feed for a bit.

I've had to change podcast apps, so it's possible Rick has picked up the reboot again, and I've just missed some of the new episodes. I need to check.

Down the road, if Rick wants any assistance on podcasts, I know someone willing to assist. 🙂 

I'd like to see at least a new podcast each month. They are a fun additional way to learn how to use Accordance in a format that supplements the live webinars and other great help and training materials.

10 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I think Dr. J. departed Accordance awhile back.

Oh, my!😮😢 I did not know this!

Now, looking at Dr. J profile I can see that he hasn't been on these forums since 2019.

• Like 1

I miss Dr. J., as he was a valuable asset to Accordance. I hope he's doing well in his next ventures. I did enjoy Rick's reboot of the podcast, and I hope to see more podcasts. It's still a good format for learning Accordance.

• Like 2

He taught a webinar for Accordance on Revelation not too long ago ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I miss Dr. J., as he was a valuable asset to Accordance. I hope he's doing well in his next ventures. I did enjoy Rick's reboot of the podcast, and I hope to see more podcasts. It's still a good format for learning Accordance.

Me, too

8 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

He taught a webinar for Accordance on Revelation not too long ago ...

Really? I would like to take a look at that if it was recorded and hosted on the internet somewhere.

@Brian K. Mitchell, here is the link to the Accordance GotoStage recording. you might need to create a user ID before watching it.

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/6cfea6fe54724dd6af9d687e8aa260ef/recording/26a604e86bad47aab14628d5abc1268d/watch?source=CHANNEL

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tim Hall said:

@Brian K. Mitchell, here is the link to the Accordance GotoStage recording. you might need to create a user ID before watching it.

Thank you very much!