Theological Journal Library 17? Updates?

VChia

Dear Sir,

May I know if there are updates to the TJL in the near future?

Should we expect updates? Or should we source for alternatives?

Kindly advise.

Hi VChia and welcome to the forums.

I suspect you may get a better response to your question by emailing sales@accordancebible.com directly. They are the best ones to answer your questions and I have found them to be most helpful

Being based in the US there time zone may be different from your own. I usually give it a day or two for a response.

Michael

Hi Michael, I wrote to sales, and this is the reply I got.

Dear Vincent,

The expectation is that Accordance will be adding additional volumes to the Theological Journal Library. We in customer service do not have a timeline for that, however. By posting this question or request on the user forum you are more likely to get a reply from our content developers that will be more definitive.

Kind Regards

Hi Michael, I wrote to sales, and this is the reply I got.

Dear Vincent,

The expectation is that Accordance will be adding additional volumes to the Theological Journal Library. We in customer service do not have a timeline for that, however. By posting this question or request on the user forum you are more likely to get a reply from our content developers that will be more definitive.

Kind Regards

We definitely plan to continue updating the TJL. However, I do not have a timeframe as to when it will be available. Possibly by the end of the year, or sooner. We have a lot of projects underway, and future commitments.

Thanks for the feedback and request.

• Like 1

How about the JBL? :rolleyes:

We've been trying to get updated volumes from them for a while now. So far, still waiting. I imagine we won't know anything further until SBL this year.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I would like to take advantage of the current (very generous) sale on the Theological Journal Library but I would first like to know if there is any hope for an update in the near future? 

I see the latest journals were published in 2012 and the TJL 16th Edition was released in 2014. 

Typically we have updated about every 5 years as it is a very complicated job. I hope we'll get the next update out soon, but we cannot offer a date yet.

• Like 5

OSchrock,

I have had the TJL for several years now, and I would highly encourage you to make the jump. The price is amazing and if you are doing any kind of research, you will not regret it.

• Like 1

How many journals total in the collection that’s on sale?

So 831 volumes give or take if my math is right. I own 639 volumes on my other software. I have most of them plus Semeia, Themelios, Journal of Biblical Counseling, etc. As good as the price is, I think I’m well covered as far as journals go.

Thanks for the great deal, though. I’m sure others will benefit from it a lot

Edited by Diatheke76
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I was wondering if there was any update available on this?

huauqui

Edited by Gary Wissel
  • Like 1

Things changed a bit and later on I went ahead and bought the Journals for $99 bucks!

I, too, am interested in a new update

I crossgraded TJL 1-16 from Logos to Accordance, so I’m all ready when such an update occurs!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

In light of the current sale, could anyone comment on the whether or not this set will be updated soonish? Just wanting to make sure it is still an actively updated product.

@Mark Allison

Edited by Brian W. Davidson
  • Like 2

Yes, we are planning to update it to most recent volumes. I don't have a timetable, but I was a part of a discussion about this just a few days ago.

• Like 5