Greek Diagrams Manual/explanation

mortenjensen

Hi all,

Is there a manual available for the Greek Diagrams-module explaining the various colors etc.?

Morten

The colors can be found in the text settings of the Diagram Editor. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-20%20at%2012.26.

• Like 2

Thanks, Rick.

Two things:

- Where do you find the Diagram editor? Could not locate it.

- Is there a similar view explaining the various connections (lines)?

Morten

First of all, this picture relates to the Diagram window that comes up when you select text and choose to Amplify to a new Diagram which you create yourself. It does not pertain to the GNT Diagrams module which uses the same symbols and the standard coloring as shown above.

When you have the Diagram window open you see the symbols in the sidebar and a key to them as you mouse over them. Then choosing Set Diagram Display gives you the editable color key shown above. Try it out!

Diagram.png

Thanks for explaining, it makes sense.

Is there a similar explanation for the various lines? I guess diagramming signs are universal, but it would be great with a similar overview over the lines.

Morten

• 4 months later...

Is there anything that explains what the different types of lines & symbols mean?

Is there anything that explains what the different types of lines & symbols mean?

I believe the diagramming tools in Accordance are meant to be fairly universal as there are a number of different diagramming schemes out there. However, Decker's Reading Koine Greek offers a number of lessons in diagramming throughout the book and explains what different kinds of lines indicate. I searched Decker's book for diagram* in English Content and found 38 hits. Here's one example:

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-24%20at%2012.08.

This question comes up from time to time. These are basically Reed/Kellog diagrams if I recall correctly. There are a bunch of online sites that describe how this sort of diagramming works. It's commonly called Sentence Diagramming I believe. I was never taught it at school but I know it is still taught in some places - my kids' English teacher does it for example.

Other posts on this :

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/17368-sentence-diagramming-resource/?hl=%2Bsentence+%2Bdiagramming

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/14518-specification-of-diagramming-system-used-in-greek-diagrams-module/?hl=%2Bsentence+%2Bdiagramming&do=findComment&comment=69631

This last one has a link to a site I found that goes through diagramming for English.

Thx

D

• Like 1