Easy Install fails for Accordance across 2 volumes

Carol K

Apple had me create a fresh OS installation on a separate volume of my hard drive to debug an issue I was having. I have full R/W permission for the Accordance modules in the old volume (/Library/Application Support/Accordance) and can run Accordance (which still lives on the old volume as well) with no problem for most modules. There are a few modules that have been updated since this new configuration. I cannot get Easy Install or Update to work properly. It appears to go through the right motions, but when it is done, it stays I still don't have the modules it allegedly downloaded. I tried creating /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts, and /Tools on my boot volume but the downloaded files did not show up there.

I tried deleting a module from within Accordance and told it to put it in the trash. It disappeared from within Accordance but the file stayed in the Accordance folder. Double clicking on it from the Finder put it back into Accordance.

I don't know if these two issues are related. Is this a bug? 

Hi Carol,

We are not completely sure that we understand what you are telling us. Is your 'separate volume' actually a new partition? If so, you would need to do an installation of Accordance on that new partition. You can download and run Accordance from https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/ .

If you would like to contact us here in support, we would be happy to assist. It would probably help if we could screen share. If needed, you can download 'TeamViewer' from www.teamviewer.com (it's free and fast) and send us your TeamViewer 'Your ID' and password and we can arrange a time for one of us to screen share with you to help correct this issue.

You can call us in support at 407-339-0266 or Skype us at: oaktreesupport. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Eastern.

If your call goes to voicemail, then we are helping other customers and will call you back as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Billy

Thanks, Billy. 

Yes, in my case the separate volume is a second partition on the main hard drive of my laptop. Both partitions are bootable. The original partition has Accordance and my accordance modules on it. Accordance did not complain when I tried running it from the new partition even though it did not live on that partition. It mostly works just as expected. The only problem is with downloading new or updated modules. I guess that arrangement is not a supported one. 

It sounds like Accordance will also not work in the case where I might have my Accordance app and modules installed on an external volume and want to run it from my laptop.  In other words, Accordance will only work fully and properly when it and its modules live on the startup volume. Is this correct?

I shouldn't have any problems installing Accordance in the new partition -- I was lulled into thinking that wasn't necessary and didn't really want two copies of everything on my laptop. 

Carol

Hi Carol,

Although the Windows version of Accordance has the option to choose the Accordance Support Files location in the Utilities menu, there isn't a similar option in the Mac version at this time. You can of course use a Symlink on a Mac if you wanted to store the support volumes in a separate location.

Here is a link to one of the Symlink 'how to' videos if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByRKadjnEE

I understand that you and Ric 'screen shared' and got this under control by moving the modules from the original partition to the new one. Glad to hear that this is back under control!

Best wishes,

Billy