Scandinavian Bibles for Accordance

NPN

As far as I can see, the only Scandinavian Bibles in Accordance are one or two Swedish and Norwegian versions. It would be very helpful for Scandinavian users of Accordance to be able to access the Bible in the other languages as well, including Faroese, Icelandic and Danish versions of the Bible.

• Like 1

Also, the Swedish Bible "Svenska Folkbibeln" needs to be updated in Accordance to the new translation that has recently been published.

• Like 1

These are some of the Danish and Faroese translations that would make Accordance better:

Danish Bibles

- Bibelen (OT 1931, NT 1948), Det danske Bibelselskab (bibelselskabet.dk)
- Bibelen (1992), Det danske Bibelselskab 
- Den nye aftale (2nd ed., 2011); Det danske Bibelselskab
- Bibelen på hverdagsdansk (6th ed., 2015), Forlaget Scandinavia Press (scandinavia.as)

Faroese Bibles
- Bíblian (5th. ed., in press), Hin Føroyski Bíbliugrunnurin (biblian.fo)
- Bíblia (NT 1937, OT 1961), Føroyska Bíbliufelagið (biblia.fo)

Maybe some one could add the relevant Norwegian and Icelandic versions :)
  • Like 1

No pony in this race even though all my maternal great grandparents were born in Norway. But more translations of other languages for users the better in my mind.

B)

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

For me it would be very helpful with more Norwegian translations, in particular:

Bibelen Guds Ord, it was just revised in 2017, released on Bibelforlaget/Hermon forlag.

(They also have a release of the NT in nynorsk)

Also Norsk bibel's Bibelen Den Hellige Skrift would be nice to have, both

- Bokmål 88/07, and

- Nynorsk 88.

I also really like to have available electronically the older version of Bibelen from Det norske bibelselskap:

- Bokmål 78/85, and

- Nynorsk 78/85

(These are more idiomatic, but have a long tradition, would be very helpful to have electronically.)

Most of these are available in other bible study software suites, but it would be very nice to get it in Accordance.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Also, the Swedish Bible "Svenska Folkbibeln" needs to be updated in Accordance to the new translation that has recently been published.

Newer than the 2015 version? (I have SVENSKA15 in my collection)

For me it would be very helpful with more Norwegian translations, in particular:

Bibelen Guds Ord, it was just revised in 2017, released on Bibelforlaget/Hermon forlag.

This is available online at https://www.hermon.no/nettbibelen/ (You hopefully should be able to get it electronically from the publisher.)  :)

• Like 2

• 3 years later...