Searching for Final-hey (Feminine Absolute) Infinitive Constructs

JVo

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a search that I cannot seem to get to work. I'm trying to find infinitive constructs with the so-called "feminine" endings, e.g., יִרְאָה, דָּבְקָה. So far, I'm attempting the following with no luck.

[VERB infinitiveConstruct] @ה.*

If it were an imperative I could use the tag modifier "paragogic Hey," but since it's an infinitive, this option is not available. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited by JVo

I kept playing around and figured it out. The "root" argument needed to be in quotes.

[VERB infinitiveConstruct] @"ה*."

Yes, but there is no need for a period. However, if you want to eliminate the instances where the hey is part of the root you need:

InfConst.png

The order of the expressions that are joined by @ does not matter.

This finds all Infinitive Constructs where the inflected form (in quotes) ends in hey, but the lexical form does not.

• 4 years later...

I almost NEVER use grammatical searches, so forgive my noobiness...I only recently switched to Accordance after 20 years of Bibleworks, so I'm behind the curve.

How would I search for every instance of the paragogic he on an imperative in the Hebrew Bible? Can someone explain it to me like I'm five?

Hi, there is an entry in the SEARCH menu, there is an item, ENTER TAG, which has a submenu item, SUFFIX.

In the popup that appears when you select that, the first item in "CLASS" and the popup for CLASS offers PARAGOGIC HEH, PARAGOGIC NUN, DIRECTIONAL HEH and PRONOMINAL.

Just select "PARAGOGIC HEH"

Accordance will pop  [SUFFIX paragogicHeh] in the search bar. Press return and you should see something like this.

318407170_ScreenShot2022-02-10at21_27_03.thumb.png.e5a6ad9e9d5e027ffcea1b6cf80ae4b7.png