5 books in psalms

Jim B

Almost every print Bible I've seen, maybe every print Bible I've seen, notes the different book divisions in Psalms (between Pss: 41 & 42; 72 & 73; 89 & 90; & 106 & 107).

It seems so pervasive in print Bibles that it seems worth noting in electronic Bibles. I know little about coding, but it doesn't seem like a huge investment to add the 4 divisions (Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, Book 5) to Accordance's e-texts. 

Any interest in or chance of this being added? 

• Like 1

Hi jim

I think this falls under the topic of bible headings which some dead tree copies have and has been discussed in other threads, eg this

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/15934-bible-headings/?hl=%2Bbible+%2Bheadings

Are you aware of outlines which is a reference module in accordance? This has the subdivisions you are looking for and could be opened in a parallel pane on a pc, mac or ios device as seen below. It has the advantage of being translation independent so works whether the bible text includes it or not.

Ps, if you are on accordance 8, i reccomend upgrading while there is still a brilliant offer on which ends tonight.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info & response. I've set my Accordance to automatically check for updates weekly, so I stay pretty up to date. 

I know about a couple of Outlines modules (one including NT, one not), but outlines & headings don't strike me as quite the same. Different people come up with different outlines, but the book divisions in Psalms seem to have more of a consensus than most outlines or headings. 

OTOH, I should have done some checking before my first post. BHS does not note the divisions (although my editions of Dotan, Snaith & the JPS Hebrew do). I also didn't see the book divisions noted in the 2 German editions I have at hand, so my memory of how pervasive they are seems to have been a little off. 

The Outlines of Bible Books (found in the Biblical Studies subsection) has the Book subsections you are referring to

post-29509-0-51859600-1497953246_thumb.pngpost-29509-0-34823200-1497953315_thumb.pngpost-29509-0-94347500-1497953197_thumb.pngpost-29509-0-52104700-1497953215_thumb.pngpost-29509-0-11154000-1497953233_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson