Preference Files

Robb B

I noticed that there are at least two sets of preferences that Accordance uses. One is in the User\Library\Preferences folder, and the other is in the Accordance Applications folder. What does each set of preferences control? They look identical to me. Thanks!

I noticed that there are at least two sets of preferences that Accordance uses. One is in the User\Library\Preferences folder, and the other is in the Accordance Applications folder. What does each set of preferences control? They look identical to me. Thanks!

Hi Robb,

Can I assume you already looked in the 'Accordance Help' window ;)

Accordance Help > Setting Up > Preference Files

If that does not answer your questions let us know...

Mike

That was helpful. So basically, if there are duplicate personal settings files in the main Accordance settings folder, they can be safely deleted from the main folder because Accordance is now using the personal settings files. Is that right?

That was helpful. So basically, if there are duplicate personal settings files in the main Accordance settings folder, they can be safely deleted from the main folder because Accordance is now using the personal settings files. Is that right?

No, we intended the Main Preferences to be a

1. BACKUP - If you delete a preference file in User/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences then Accordance copies a new one (the next time you run Accordance) to your user preferences. This feature can be used if a preference file has become corrupt.

2. Mater Copy - The information about ALL of the installed modules is in the Main Accordance Preferences folder. If a user removes a module using the 'Arrange Modules' window then Accordance only removes it from the user's preferences.

Of course there are some other benefits listed in

Accordance Help > Setting Up > Multiple Users

I would not recommend removing these Main Preference files and cannot predict the number of problems you will have !

Mike

The best plan is to copy the user set of preferences back to the Accordance folder as a backup. This is automatically used when a new user logs in, and is useful if your preferences become corrupted, which they do occasionally as these files are written to often. If you install modules they are added to both preferences, so you should not remove the Accordance folder preferences.

Archived