Accordance iOS constantly crashing

csonni

The crash is only occurring in texts. In selecting a word in a tool, I get the normal set of possible options. If by active highlighting, you mean tapping on the word to highlight, that is when it occurs. The crash seems to happen with any text, I have tried it with the NASB, NKJV, and ESV, each with the same result.

Ok. Just to clarify, does the crash occur before the menu comes up with the 'Highlight' option (as you see in the image)? Or is the menu showing and the crash occurs after you tap 'Highlight'?

Chris

Thanks for your assistance. After tapping and holding on a word, the word seems to be momentarily selected and the app then crashes prior to the appearance of the menu. It's very nearly instantaneous.

Thanks for your assistance. After tapping and holding on a word, the word seems to be momentarily selected and the app then crashes prior to the appearance of the menu. It's very nearly instantaneous.

No problem. This info is very helpful. I'll let you know if I need anymore info in future.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

For what's it worth, I just tried deleting and reinstalling the app; the results were the same. Highlighting in a text made the app crash almost immediately.

Mike

Chris,

For what's it worth, I just tried deleting and reinstalling the app; the results were the same. Highlighting in a text made the app crash almost immediately.

Mike

Ok thanks for trying that. For clarity in the future, you're actually selecting the text, not highlighting. Once you select the text, tap 'Highlight' in the menu, and select a color, the text is highlighted. If I'm understanding you correctly?

Chris

You're correct. Selecting the word in a text is what seems to cause the crash.

You're correct. Selecting the word in a text is what seems to cause the crash.

Ok great. Added to the list of bug fixes.

Thanks,

Chris

Just updated to 2.5.4 and I also crash instantly as soon as any TEXT is selected.

Is there a way to go back to 2.5.3?

IF your itunes contains a version of 2.5.3 theoretically one could delete it off the phone or iPad and install it from there. As long as iTunes didn't update it automatically as iTunes does... This would be a long shot and for best results would require you to turn off the net to your computer and use a cable to sync.... that sad it is the only way I KNOW of..

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

Thanks Daniel. Looks like it was updated so I am "dead in the water" as far as my iPad goes.

Bob

Hey Guys, 

This appears to be another issue associated with iOS 10.3. I am working on finding fix now. Sorry about all the hassle the 2.5, iOS 10.3 release has caused. Will try to get this fixed asap.

Chris

Thank you Chris. Looking forward to the fix.

Bob

Bob, Accordance Mobile for iOS v. 2.5.5, released today, should take care of your issues. 

The App Store is still sowing 2.5.4 for me.

It can take up to 24 hours for the update to show up for everyone.

MacOS 10.11.6, iOS 10.3.1, Accordance 11.2.5; Accordance iOS 2.5.5 on iPad Air 2.

iOS app crashes when trying to sync over USB.

Restored iPad, after re-installing Accordance app it hung. Deleted app, re-installed from App Store. App opened, but now crashes when trying to sync modules.

The iOS mobile app does not support syncing over a USB connection.

The iOS mobile app does not support syncing over a USB connection.

Perhaps he means a local sync rather than easy install as I too have had my device hooked to my MacBook  but in fact the syncing while local was over WI-FI

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

• 2 weeks later...

Since last update, Accordance App for iOS hangs on my iPad and most of the time does not open. It opens once in a while but freezes, so it's unusable now.

Since last update, Accordance App for iOS hangs on my iPad and most of the time does not open. It opens once in a while but freezes, so it's unusable now.

Hey, 

What generation iPad do you have (iPad 2, iPad 4, etc)? Also does it freeze immediately upon launch or are you able to use the app before it freezes? If so, what actions occur before it freezes.

Thanks,

Chris

Hey, 

What generation iPad do you have (iPad 2, iPad 4, etc)? Also does it freeze immediately upon launch or are you able to use the app before it freezes? If so, what actions occur before it freezes.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, it's an iPad Air 2 most probably, because I purchased it 3 years ago. 

I have just open the Accordance App, appearing the opening red page with the little wheel at the top of the screen, that has kept going round for more than 10 minutes. Nothing else, it's dead.

Thanks for you assistance,

Pedro

Thanks Scott. It worked very well.