Crash on launch since iOS 10.3 on iPad

Daniel Saunders

Seems to be working. Loaded my modules with no problems. Had a crash early on when I tried to log in the first time, but then could later log into my Accordance account. 

Thanks for the hard work. 

S

• Like 1

I updated to 2.5.2.8684 today and everything seems to work well so far. You are building my confidence that my elibrary is viable for the long term. Thanks Chris for your persistence.

I updated to 2.5.2.8684 today and everything seems to work well so far. You are building my confidence that my elibrary is viable for the long term. Thanks Chris for your persistence.

Great! Happy to hear that and my pleasure!

Chris

I'm still having trouble with the languages in the new version after a fresh install. When I hold down on a Greek word it crashes the app instead of bringing up BDAG.

I'm still having trouble with the languages in the new version after a fresh install. When I hold down on a Greek word it crashes the app instead of bringing up BDAG.

Hey Matthew, 

Just to double check, are you running version 2.5.3 of the app. Also what Text are you selecting the word in?

Thanks,

Chris 

2.5.2 fixed my problem, but 2.5.3 now totally locks up at the opening splash.

Wish I wouldn't have spent the hour reloading all my resources when 2.5.2 came out.

Is there a 2.5.4 coming out soon?

2.5.2 fixed my problem, but 2.5.3 now totally locks up at the opening splash.

Wish I wouldn't have spent the hour reloading all my resources when 2.5.2 came out.

Is there a 2.5.4 coming out soon?

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. Could you try Resetting User Content in the Accordance settings located in your device's settings app? After turning it on, close the app and relaunch. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Chris Rockwell

iPad 4 64 gb

Ok thanks. We plan to put out a 2.5.4 release as soon as possible, but I still need to investigate what's causing this issue so it's included. This could very well be a weird, ambiguous, one time bug as well. I hate to suggest it, since you've already done it recently, but I would recommend deleting and reinstall the app again. Sorry for the inconvenience these issue are causing. We're working hard to find and fix all the bugs iOS 10.3 has caused.

Chris

Edited: Before you delete the app, would you like to be added to the beta to test 2.5.4? If so, I'll have you try the beta and see if it corrects this issue.

Edited by Chris Rockwell

Chris,

Thanks for working on this. 

Sure, I'll test the beta. 

No problem. I'll PM you the details to join.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I'm never sure if I'm writing in the right place.

After updating the app on my iPad 4 (on which I never had any trouble before), the startup would take me to the last open page, in my case UBS4 of Hebrews 6, and freeze. Nothing moved and nothing worked, and nothing I did would restart the app. I tried Chris Rockwell's remedy of resetting things on the app settings page, and everything now seems to be fine. Thanks for your help.

I'm never sure if I'm writing in the right place.

After updating the app on my iPad 4 (on which I never had any trouble before), the startup would take me to the last open page, in my case UBS4 of Hebrews 6, and freeze. Nothing moved and nothing worked, and nothing I did would restart the app. I tried Chris Rockwell's remedy of resetting things on the app settings page, and everything now seems to be fine. Thanks for your help.

Hey Philip, 

You're in the right place. No problem. Glad that worked for you and thanks for letting us know.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris;

I have 52 days left on my version 2.5.3, build 2.5.2.8684 installed using TestFlight. Everything seems to be working fine although the app occasionally freezes up requiring a restart. Does this version look like the final update or are you still debugging it? Thanks again for your efforts.

Mike Davault

Hi Mike,

The latest version for Accordance Mobile is 2.5.5. We typically recommend that you move to the latest released version after testing. I am constantly moving between versions without issue.

Mike

• 3 months later...

Managed to resolve the issue on my iPad by making a change in the Settings App rather than the Accordance App.

First of all, make sure Accordance has quit fully by sliding it up from the 'open Apps' (Double tap on Home button).

Go to Home - Settings - Accordance and then turn on "Remove Saved Session" and "Clear Download Cache".

Restart Accordance - almost instant launch!