Crash on launch since iOS 10.3 on iPad

Daniel Saunders

I just updated to V. 2.5.1 then restarted my iPad 4. I can now sign in and run the app, but it is very slow and unstable; can't download my library or change fonts. You're making progress, but there is more work to do for my configuration.

• Like 1

Hi. Not crashing. But now have repeated modules. I cannot delete them.

Here is a screen shot.

post-32324-0-28753900-1491558580_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have the same undeletable duplicate modules and can get no menu items to function, even though they appear on the screen when I tap the icon

• Like 1

Hi. Not crashing. But now have repeated modules. I cannot delete them.

Here is a screen shot.

Hey,

I appears that maybe the crashing from 2.5.0 may have caused these issues. You mind deleting and reinstalling the app to see if this is resolved?

Thanks,

Chris

Hey,

I appears that maybe the crashing from 2.5.0 may have caused these issues. You mind deleting and reinstalling the app to see if this is resolved?

Thanks,

Chris

No. It is not working. It is a brand new install. 

When I try and skip the intro and sign into my accordance account through the app, it keeps going back the "Swipe to learn more" and not allowing me to skip. 

Even when I try and sync content from Accordance on my Mac, it crashes. 

I'll use a hard copy until further notice. 

Edited by mrlyingman

Hi Chris, Tried deleting and reinstalling but still have lots of repeated modules - before trying to install custom selection.

Edited by the_reverend

Ok, I'll continue to investigate this issue and hope to have it addressed soon.

Chris

• Like 1

Hey mylyingman  :ph34r: ,

You may be able to at least log in to Accordance by closing the app (double click home button, swipe up) and re-opening it—that worked for me. However, after reinstalling (and restarting) my iPad I've still got the 'repeating modules' error, and a slow app.

Thanks heaps Chris for working hard to get to the bottom of this!

• Like 2

Part of my problem has been that since I have updated the iOS system to 10.3 on my phone and iPad. Accordance refuses to link to them saying this device has never been synced with Accordance before. What next? At first it was only my iPad that would not sync. No it is both my iPhone and my iPad. I have had previous iOS devices linked and synced with accordance that I have replaced. Now I cannot get anywhere with either device. Can I remove the old iOS devices from my list? If so, how do I do that?

Part of my problem has been that since I have updated the iOS system to 10.3 on my phone and iPad. Accordance refuses to link to them saying this device has never been synced with Accordance before. What next? At first it was only my iPad that would not sync. No it is both my iPhone and my iPad. I have had previous iOS devices linked and synced with accordance that I have replaced. Now I cannot get anywhere with either device. Can I remove the old iOS devices from my list? If so, how do I do that?

Is it crashing when you attempt to sync? If so, where in the process is it doing so?

Thanks,

Chris

Part of my problem has been that since I have updated the iOS system to 10.3 on my phone and iPad. Accordance refuses to link to them saying this device has never been synced with Accordance before. What next? 

If the message says “The mobile device <yours> has never been synced…” then it should not prevent (refuse) you from syncing. It is intended to remind users about the use of liscenced material.

Once you acknowledge the usage warning and successfully sync, then Accordance should not present this warning for your device. So, (like Chris is alluding to) if Accordance is crashing during a sync then you will see the warning each time.

Mike 

I tried upgrading to public beta 10.3.2 - no joy. same old thing. Last thing i'm told is that accordance must have one text to work properly and then it crashes before I can sync anything. Very frustrating.

It sounds like a fix for iPads may take a while to happen.  Is there a way to let those of us with iPads restore the previous version of Accordance?  Will that version run on iOS 10.3?  I use Accordance on my iPad significantly more than on my iMac.  

I tried upgrading to public beta 10.3.2 - no joy. same old thing. Last thing i'm told is that accordance must have one text to work properly and then it crashes before I can sync anything. Very frustrating.

Are you selecting at least one Text when attempting to sync and is it crashing right after you click the sync button?

Chris

Edited by Chris Rockwell

This is another forum topic that might be related to your issue. Can you try the workaround and report back?

It sounds like a fix for iPads may take a while to happen.  Is there a way to let those of us with iPads restore the previous version of Accordance?  Will that version run on iOS 10.3?  I use Accordance on my iPad significantly more than on my iMac.  

Unfortunately, you can't revert back to a previous version. I am currently looking into this issue now and hope to have a fix soon.

Chris

Our team are still working on a fix for multiple bugs introduced with the iOS upgrade to 10.3 on older (32 bit) devices. Our mobile app is running fine on the iPhone 6 and 7 and the newer iPads.

• Like 1

Crashing on my iPad 4 also, but on my iPhone 7 there are no problems. 

Accordance for the iPad has been buggy for some time. I've also had issues with the display of User Notes on the iPad only and it appears that there is no solution apart from copying my notes, one by one, to a new file. This new issue is a far bigger problem. 

When it works, I love this software. 

Crashing on my iPad 4 also, but on my iPhone 7 there are no problems. 

Accordance for the iPad has been buggy for some time. I've also had issues with the display of User Notes on the iPad only and it appears that there is no solution apart from copying my notes, one by one, to a new file. This new issue is a far bigger problem. 

When it works, I love this software. 

Thanks for the info. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We're working to get it resolved asap.

Chris

The most recent Test Flight build runs well on my iPad 4 and doesn't seem to be slower than normal. But I still have large numbers of multiple free resources in my library and when I tap a word in a Strongs Bible text I'm kicked out of the program but can get back in right away by tapping the icon, i.e. the program doesn't seem to be crashing. No other symptoms to report so far.

The most recent Test Flight build runs well on my iPad 4 and doesn't seem to be slower than normal. But I still have large numbers of multiple free resources in my library and when I tap a word in a Strongs Bible text I'm kicked out of the program but can get back in right away by tapping the icon, i.e. the program doesn't seem to be crashing. No other symptoms to report so far.

Ok, glad to hear it's running smoother and thanks for the feedback. In order to get rid of the repeat modules you'll need to delete and reinstall the app. We're aware of the other issue you mentioned when selecting a word the Strongs Bible and we're working on that as well.

Chris

I'm running Accordance 2.5.1 (build 2.5.0.8629 Jul '17) on iOS 10.3.1 .  I was having the problem where the app would disappear after the splash screen displayed but that seems to have been resolved.  However, the navigation is still slow and erratic when looking at Bible text.  I can try to scroll down (finger drag) and it will move down but pop right back.

I get the same erratic behavior when trying to pull-down and select a book/chapter/verse.  Have to try 3-4 times before it will work.  

Per the recommendations I've read, I uninstalled/reinstalled the software and did an iPhone reset.  Is there any way to recover my 2 years of accumulated notes?

I'm running Accordance 2.5.1 (build 2.5.0.8629 Jul '17) on iOS 10.3.1 .  I was having the problem where the app would disappear after the splash screen displayed but that seems to have been resolved.  However, the navigation is still slow and erratic when looking at Bible text.  I can try to scroll down (finger drag) and it will move down but pop right back.

I get the same erratic behavior when trying to pull-down and select a book/chapter/verse.  Have to try 3-4 times before it will work.  

Per the recommendations I've read, I uninstalled/reinstalled the software and did an iPhone reset.  Is there any way to recover my 2 years of accumulated notes?

We're have a few issues with iOS 10.3 that weren't all addressed in 2.5.1. Be on the lookout for the Accordance 2.5.2 update sometime this week, which will address some of the issues that are making the app unusable and get you back up and running.

As for your notes. Do you use Dropbox Syncing to backup your content?

Chris

• Like 1

It's not just the crash, it's also that it installs roughly thirty copies of the default texts and you can't delete them.

It's not just the crash, it's also that it installs roughly thirty copies of the default texts and you can't delete them.

Hey Matthew, 

We're aware of that issue as well and it's address in the upcoming Accordance 2.5.2 update. You'll need to delete and reinstall the app to get rid of the repeat modules after you download 2.5.2. Make sure you backup your User Content with Dropbox Syncing before doing so.

Chris