Baker's Most Recent Resources

Brad_Gray

Baker has been putting out some amazing resources over the last several years, and I can't seem to locate any of them in the Accordance library. I'd love to see these resources available through Accordance in the near future:

The Baker Illustrated Guide to Everyday Life in Bible Times – John A. Beck

The World of the New Testament: Cultural, Social, and Historical Contexts – Joel B. Green (Editor), Lee Martin McDonald (Editor)

The Baker Book of Bible Charts, Maps, and Time Lines – John A. Beck

The Baker Illustrated Guide to the Bible: A Book-by-Book Companion – J. Daniel Hays (Author), J. Scott Duvall (Author)

A Visual Guide to Bible Events – James C. Martin, John A. Beck

A Visual Guide to Gospel Events – James C. Martin, John A. Beck

The Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary – Gary M. Burge

The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook – J. Daniel Hays (Editor), J. Scott Duvall (Editor)

The Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary – Tremper III Longman (Editor)

THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING!

Edited by Brad_Gray
  • Like 1

Thank you for the suggestions. We will look into licensing them, but we do have a backlog of licensed titles that are awaiting development.

The Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary – Gary M. Burge

!

This is a phenomenal work, I have never noticed any variation from the text of the 1989 but I am sure that is simply due to my usage level of the book (I quote it from FL edition since OT has no good way to quote), but the preface states:

The present volume is a complete revision of the Evangelical Commentary on the Bible (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1989), edited by Dr. Walter Elwell and published almost twenty-five years ago. Every commentary section that was retained has been revised and updated. But in addition we have made way for new scholars whose expertise in the Scriptures and vibrant faith in Christ are well known. This edition is generously supplemented with maps, charts, photos, and illustrations intended to further enrich and inform personal study by complementing the analysis of the biblical text with visual perspectives.

And those additions moved this from a good solid resource to a truly invaluable one. I own the current version in OT and the 89 version in FL. But the quality of it and its likely affordable price means this is one resource I probably would duplicate in the superior format of accordance.

Dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

Thank you for the suggestions. We will look into licensing them, but we do have a backlog of licensed titles that are awaiting development.

Thanks for the response, Helen. I appreciate it!