Amplifying Aramaic texts

Susan

I have my settings such that my amplification from Hebrew texts goes to the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew. I own HALOT, but I find DCH more useful for amplification purposes. However, when I'm in an Aramaic part of the "Hebrew" Bible, I'd like it to go to HALOT (or at least something that has Aramaic).  I think theoretically if there is no hit in the default Amplify resource, it will go to the next one down in the library. The problem is that most Aramaic words (I think it uses only consonants, and apparently ignores the "־0") find some hit in DCH, which are often (though not always) cognate, but ultimately not ideal for looking up an Aramaic term. Is there any way around this? In preferences > amplify I only see English, Greek, Hebrew, Latin.

Thanks!

A way round this, which may be a few more mouse clicks, is to set up and save a workspace which has the two lexicons in it (DCH and HALOT). Make sure this workspace is added to "My Workspaces". If you then right click on the Hebrew word you want then select "My Workspaces" from the dropdown and select the relevant workspace that has the lexicons. It will then amplify to that workspace with the relevant word searched in each of the lexicons.

A possible enhancement request would be to allow an option in preferences to amplify to a workspace. This would make the task more convenient.

• Like 1