"Escaping" Reading mode

Dan Arnold

Well, I have recently fallen in love with the reading mode. Use it all the time to focus on one commentary.

But I am little frustrated with getting out of the Reading mode.

If I am running Accordance in full screen and am in Reading mode, hitting escape (on a MacBook Pro Touchscreen) takes me out of the apps Full-screen but keeps me  in reading mode. I have to hit escape again in order to get out of reading mode. 

The only way to escape reading mode is Control R.  Was that an intentional software choice or an oversight? It seems rather awkward to me. It seems more intuitive to have the first "escape" come out of reading mode and then the second out of full screen.

Thanks for any feedback. Maybe I am just too picky.

Daniel

Well, I have recently fallen in love with the reading mode. Use it all the time to focus on one commentary.

It seems more intuitive to have the first "escape" come out of reading mode and then the second out of full screen.

I like to use reading mode for the same purpose. I find it really does help one to focus.

I tested this out on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) that is still running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)  and it works in the intuitive way you describe.

As I said mine is a slightly different setup than yours so maybe it is an issue with macOS Sierra. I also run a window placement manager called magnet.

Michael

P.S. One thing I did note was that when I go Full Screen --> Reading mode I still get the shortcuts bar displaying which doesn't happen in normal windowed mode.

post-33308-0-05542000-1485988413_thumb.png

I agree that in general, reading mode could use some love. When I go into reading mode, it leaves buttons and menus at the top and bottom of the screen which means its not as distraction free as it could be. (If they really have to stay there, can we make them just appear like a transparent overlay and only when you move the mouse into that area?)

I would also be nice to be able to switch between panels while in reading mode (i.e. so you can switch between full screen bible and full screen commentary without having to do the cumbersome escape, switch, open)