Accordance Problem after 10.5.2 Update

Levi Durfey

I think I have noticed a problem due to the leopard 10.5.2 update. In my accordance setup, I have two toolbars open: the resource palette and the highlights palette. I use Spaces also. When I switch from one space back to my accordance space, the toolbars may not be displayed or one will be displayed or both will be displayed--it's random each time I switch. When I check the windows menu, both are checked to be displayed. Unchecking and then rechecking will cause the toolbar palette to be displayed again.

Thought I'd let you know. Any help would be appreciated.

Pastor Levi Durfey

I never noticed the behavior in 10.5.1. I use Spaces all the time and have a special space for Accordance.

Same here. It definitely wasn't there in 10.5.1.

It happened immediately after installing 10.5.2. I noticed it within 15 minutes, as I was checking things out.

I am experiencing the same issue and came to the forums to see if other folks were, too. I use Spaces as well, and did not have any issues with Accordance and the various palettes/windows prior to this 10.5.2 update. (Now I find that these palettes/windows have disappeared upon my returning to Accordance—after switching Spaces—and I have to uncheck and recheck them in order for them to reappear.)

I thought I noticed something wierd about this yesterday, but I can't repeat it now.

Have you all installed the Leopard Graphics Upgrade which you have to install right after 10.5.2?

I thought I noticed something wierd about this yesterday, but I can't repeat it now.

Have you all installed the Leopard Graphics Upgrade which you have to install right after 10.5.2?

Yes.

I too have the Graphics Update installed. 10.5.2. was a solid update except for this little Accordance bug.

I can reproduce the problem, but only when I switch between programs using the dock. When I switch spaces using F8, or control-arrow, all the floating windows do reappear.

We will fix this eventually, but it's not a show stopper.

• 4 weeks later...
I can reproduce the problem, but only when I switch between programs using the dock. When I switch spaces using F8, or control-arrow, all the floating windows do reappear.

We will fix this eventually, but it's not a show stopper.

Hi Helen and all,

Has any sort of fix been found for this, yet? You are right, it isn't a "show stopper," and yet, respectfully, it is a bit of an inconvenience. Whether I use the dock or spaces, if I switch from Accordance to another app and back again to Accordance I usually (but not every time) must de-select and re-select the Instant Details and Resource Palette windows in order to use them.

Looking forward to a fix!

DG

I've noticed that if you click on your desktop to switch to Finder, then back on any Accordance window, the pallets come back. That is a really fast way to bring them back without having to de-select and then re-select them all over again.

I've noticed that if you click on your desktop to switch to Finder, then back on any Accordance window, the pallets come back. That is a really fast way to bring them back without having to de-select and then re-select them all over again.

Thank you; very helpful indeed!

• 1 month later...

If its any help; I've noticed that the problem is only when you go from left to right (i.e. spaces 1 to 2), not diagonally, up or down or right to left.

Thanks for the finder tip - its a big help.

Paul M.

I've noticed the same after 10.5.2 update. My fix is to use Command-Option-0 to hide and then show the palettes(only because I prefer a keyboard shortcut to the mouse). This is much quicker for me than individually clicking each palette on and then off. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to report that using version 8.0 Universal on Intel 10.5.3, this bug has been swatted as far as I can tell. I have yet to test it on my PPC Mac, but I will report if no one else does after testing.

Archived