Moving the return point of focus to move with the image being viewed

ukfraser

I really find the ability to flick through maps in the esv brilliant. The way you have enabed a user to move through images was a stroke of genius so many thanks.

Once i have entered into the images, i can go back to the text with the back arrow at the top left.

However, This takes me back to where i entered the images.

I usualy find though that If i have found a more relevant image, i would actually prefer to go to the text where this new image is in the text, rather than go back to my starting point where i have to try and find the better image again.

I would like ios to work more like a physical book, when you find an image you can read the text with it, rather than going back to where you originally opened the book.

If others prefer the current way it behaves, possibly include a setting for image display so users can decide if they always go back to point of entry or the focus point syncs with the image being viewed. Currently there are no settings for images so this shouldnt create any conflicts.

Thanks.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Rather than another setting perhaps some way in the picture view to "go to" the current picture's location. That way users can decide on a case by case basis.

• Like 4

Even better!

Thanks

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

• 1 year later...

Is this still being considered? On the list of to do? Being able to scroll through images is so good, especially in those resources which dont have good indexes. it really would be useful to re-enter the resource where i have got to rather then back at the starting point.

Thanks

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

HI ukfraser

I hadn't noticed this thread before. This is a great idea, I've often wanted to do this and haven't thought about raising a feature request. This would be great for iOS and for the desktop version

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to flag this again. With all the wonderful atlases i have bought since i first posted this (holman, christian history and european reformation) thisis a feature i really would value now.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to flag this again and see if there are any more people who agree this would be a useful enhancement

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely agree with this.

This feature would be great.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...