Trouble importing user Bible

R. Mansfield

I'm trying to import a text to create a user Bible, and every time it begins to import, I get an error message saying, "The text cannot be imported, because there is an extra blank line after the reference 'Matthew 1:1.'"

I promise that there's no blank line after Matt 1:1! I've gone through the text and it's very clean. I have it saved as a Western Mac Roman text file.

Any suggestions?

Hey friend,

You wanna attach your file so we can test?

Jeremy

I would look at the text with a program that shows invisible characters. Maybe there are extra line feeds.

Hey friend,

You wanna attach your file so we can test?

Jeremy

Well, I just tried to attach the file. I got a message saying "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type file."

It's just a text file.

The problem is that the text has both a line feed and a carriage return at the end of each line. Accordance converts the line feed to a carriage return so that makes it look like double-spacing (this is done to allow for files with line feeds instead of returns). We will fix this for the next rev. In the meantime, if you can find a way to remove the line feeds, you will be able to import the file.

What's an application that will allow me to remove the line feeds? I can't see them in the regular OS X text editor.

Yes, Text Wrangler should do it for you. BBedit, the version above it has a nice drop down that will do this. Although not in Text Wrangler you can accomplish the same thing in the 'Save As...' menu, then click 'options.' I believe you want it to look like this...

post-5629-1201716231_thumb.png

Archived