Mellel is also on sale

Michel Gilbert

Are you able to convert to docx files from melell? I am kind of interested if others find this useful for writing in Turabian format or just general writing. 

Are you able to convert to docx files from melell?

Yes, and in addition to Word format, Mellel also exports to plain text, RTF, OPML, and PDF. 

Hi Keith,

What Rick says is true, but it is a two step process. File > Export > Word Format saves as a .doc file. Open it in Word and save it as a .docx file.

I haven't used Turabian in a quarter century, but Mellel works with Sente (free up to a point) and Bookends. I'm not sure if Sente does only Chicago and not Turabian. Others might know.

Mellel is the most stable program I've found in iOS for long files (starting at 1574 Hebrew pages for me), and so I bought Mellel Lite to convert my files to Word or rtf. I use it for general word processing, e.g., writing this on it. It works great for rtl languages, with the arrow and cursor in sync for rtl movement. I copy and paste into Scrivener before I compile into Word.

I have no finanacial interest in Mellel or any other program.

Regards,

Michel

Thanks for your guys answers. Does footnoting happen automatically when pasting from Accordance. Word does a good job at this. Sorry just trying to see if this is worth the $19

Hi Keith,

I don't have any experience with footnotes in Acc, but Copy As > Citation works the same in both - the citation appears under the copied text. Unless there is a Preference I'm not aware of, you still have to insert a footnote and copy and paste the citation information into it.

If you have Word, I don't see a need to buy Mellel, unless you do a lot of Hebrew or other rtl language work. There is a steep learning curve also.

Regards,

Michel

Edit: Here are the reasons I bought Mellel. First, it is simply the best for Hebrew on iOS, and you need at least Mellel Lite to convert the synced files. Mellel on iOS has an advantage over Word - it recognizes my custom keyboard as a Hebrew rtl one. I lost faith in Word and Microsoft when it stopped recognizing the Ezra SIL keyboard as a rtl one (the rtl arrow and cursor don't work like in the Israeli keyboard). Second, its unlimited levels of footnotes, perfect for text critical work, translating, etc.

Edited by Michel Gilbert

Keith:

The Bibliography goes into the footnotes automatically if it is supported by the other program, such as Word, and depending on your Bibliography settings in the Preferences.

Hi again,

Based on what Helen said, I  went to Preferences > Bibliography > Insert citation as footnote, and yes, it does footnote automatically in Mellel.

Regards,

Michel