Accupdater

countach

My AccUpdater (v2.2) is reporting that LEH-2 is current "2.0" and available "1.3".

In other words, apparently I have a later version than actually exists. (Were that this feature was available on all modules!).

Any thoughts?

Also, I can't seem to update the following modules from AccUpdater. It keeps saying Installation was not successful:

ESV, KJVS, Names, BDAG, Daily Readings, Classic Passages, Parables and Miracles.

The latest edition of LEH-2 is 1.3. Look in the About the Text to see what version you have. Sometimes (as in Tischendorf Apparatus) the presence of other numbers in that text sends an erroneous version number to AccUpdater.

The texts that do not succeed in updating: could be because you have unusual characters in the path name from the hard drive to the Accordance folder. Use the Finder Go menu to go to the folder /tmp and see if the new modules are actually downloaded there. If so, you can manually replace your own modules.

Actually it is my mistake, the latest version is 2.0 and the website (to which also AccUpdater looks) is now updated.

Hi Helen,

I am having an issue with Targ-E and Targ-T the updater says that they are updated to 2.1 and 4.3, respectively, and acts as if it is updating them. But then the next time I check it still shows my version as 2.0 and 4.2. I have the Accordance folder in the original location.

j

1) Was Accordance not running during the update procedure, and did you check the module version again only after running accordance? 2) Do you happen to have multiple copies of Targ-E or Targ-T on your hard drive?

1) Was Accordance not running during the update procedure, and did you check the module version again only after running accordance?

Yes, it was running. Yes, I did check it again.

2) Do you happen to have multiple copies of Targ-E or Targ-T on your hard drive?

No, I only have one copy.

You must quit Accordance when you run the automatic update.

Are the modules in the temp folder as asked below?

You must quit Accordance when you run the automatic update.

I have run this with accordance running and with it not running. I start it up, then do the check, and then quit and then download

As I said in an ealier post today, in this topic:

Use the Finder Go menu to go to the folder /tmp and see if the new modules are actually downloaded there. If so, you can manually replace your own modules.

I do indeed have Accordance installed in a non-standard place, however there are no strange characters in the path.

What I'm wondering is how the AccUpdater widget knows where Accordance is installed?

I just noticed that the Accordance widget doesn't work either. Could it be that it can't find the installation?

It could indeed be the case. Both widgets use this file: user/Library/Preferences/com.OakTree.Accordance.Path.txt

You have not reported whether AccUpdater downloads anything to the temp folder.

Yes it does download to temp. I was able to hack around it with that.

That file contains:

Volumes/chris/Accordance Folder/Accordance.app

I have Accordance installed in /Users/chris/Accordance Folder

What is in the file doesn't make much sense to me, other than that I seem to remember that the installer program listed my home directory as a "Volume", which I selected, since I do indeed have Accordance installed in my home directory. Could it be that the Installer gets confused somehow between home directories and volumes?

I am sure that is the problem. Accordance is normally installed on the main hard drive at the root level, but it can be moved to Applications. It shoild not be in users, and if it is there it is not available to other users on the Mac.

• 1 month later...

Hi Helen and Joel,

I am still getting the TARG-T and TARG-E issue. I ran the updater and it says that I have Targ-t 4.2 and Targ-e 2.0 but it says I need 4.3 and 2.1 respectively. I click download. Widgets tells me to launch Acc. I launch and the about this text shows 4.2 & 2.0. So, I go to the /tmp folder and manually install the files. Relaunch Acc. and same 4.2 & 2.0. The files in /tmp are from today. They are just newly downloaded. Why would they be 4.2 and 2.0? or what is the possible reason that my widget is downloading the older files?

Also, I only have one set of these files. I made sure that there weren't any duplicates.

help?

This is not the fault of the AccUpdater. The TARG-T and TARG-E files were updated on the latest Scholar's 7.4, along with many other modules. Everyone with an earlier Scholar's Collection who wants the latest files should get the new CD since only a few of the updated files were posted for download. We posted those that are on other CDs and have been updated since those CDs were issued. This is our policy. I should (and will) go through and remove the older files from the AccUpdater list so that it will be clearer.

Archived