Advocating for macOS Automation Technologies

Joe Weaks

News broke this week that Apple has eliminated the position of Product Manager of Automation Technologies. Sal was the primary advocate for the continued success and implementation of Applescript and System Services for macOS.

This does not bode well for the future support of Applescript and System Services. I'm guessing Apple wants to phase them out in favor of adopting Siri for everything.

If you have found any scripts or services useful in your work, feel free to join others tweeting out that plea to Apple. Here was my tweet:

Worried that Apple eliminated the Product Manager of Automation Technologies. I need Applescript for my academic work. Is all ok?  #AskApple
  • Like 1

Didn't Apple's Craig Frederighi respond to this issue? I read that somewhere, don't remember where.

I'm still very pessimistic about this. Sounds like a carefully chosen wording from CF.

"we have every intent" ≠ "we are committed to"/"we promise to"/"I guarantee we will"

Try this on:

"Dear spouse, I have every intent to remain faithful to you."

I'm still very pessimistic about this. Sounds like a carefully chosen wording from CF.

"we have every intent" ≠ "we are committed to"/"we promise to"/"I guarantee we will"

Try this on:

"Dear spouse, I have every intent to remain faithful to you."

I agree. It is obvious strange that Apple has fired the programmer for the MacOS Automation.