Sync of Papers and Stacks

VaBeachCP

I have quickly added Stacks and Papers to my workflow. I know that they are just babes, but they are already showing their potential. One thing that seems to be lacking is the ability to sync either of them using Dropbox Sync. Am I missing something that will allow for this already? If not, are there already plans to add them to the items that will sync?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

God Bless

• 1 month later...

+1, I love stacks and papers functions. I am also wondering whether they are possible to sync by dropbox or not.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Stacks neither sync nor export.  The best workaround that I have found is to use the "Copy to Clipboard" icon and each item and carry on with Word or Pages.  

Please make Stacks sync ASAP as they have great potential and could be even more useful if they and Papers!

Edited by LFortier
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just another voice requesting the syncing of stacks!

• Like 1

Agreed. Stacks need to sync and the ability to copy the lot to papers in accordance or out to word or pages would expedite sermon preparation. 

I'm totally sure the Accordance Mobile team is working  on it. 

• 3 weeks later...

So if I created a stack on my work computer and now can't find it on my laptop, is that why? 

I was just doing my devotions and it's not there. I was asked to load my last session and I clicked yes... everything came up but my stack. 

Or could it be because I didn't click 'sync with dropbox' or something like that? 

Stacks do not sync at present, but you should be able to find and transfer the file in Documents/Accordance Files.

• Like 1

Great. Thanks so much Helen.

• 3 weeks later...

A trick I found on windows, and I'm sure it would work with dropbox as long as you had the client installed is to point the accordance folder to a folder in that cloud space.  For instance, I use onedrive for all my office documents, I moved the accordance folder to that cloud share, closed the program and re-opened it.  when it asked where the folder was I told pointed it to the onedrive folder and it pulled everything.  When I got to my office I trashed the accordance folder and again routed it to the onedrive spot.  Same for my surface. 

There is one caveat, I do have to double click the file to open it at with this first iteration.  I am interested in seeing if it will automatically pick up correctly with the next sermon I plan.  I know it's not the perfect solution but it works and keeps me from having to email files, or keep a jump drive and copy and paste that way.  Here's hoping that papers and stacks sync with dropbox soon.  I will say that is one of the features I really love about Logos 7 yes I have both and use both.  Just really love the speed and size of accordance. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

But I have a question. Are the Accordance Folder file in Mac compatible with Windows?

There is no such thing as an 'Accordance Folder' anymore.  The 'Accordance Files' folder is compatible, the other folders Accordance uses are in general not.

And, since this thread was resurrected, I would like to point out that Stacks and Papers do sync now via Dropbox.

Thanks! Good to know that sync is done via dropbox.

A quick followup question. What are synced? Are things like my tools synced? How about the resources? Do I need a large dropbox account if the data in the purchased resources exceed the dropbox quota?

You have the choice, in the Accordance Preferences, for which aspects to sync, such as Highlights, User Tools, Stacks, Papers, etc.  The sync definitely takes up space in your dropbox account, but unless you have massive amounts of data, it will be very little compared to the dropbox quota.  For instance, my total Dropbox amount from Accordance is in the 50-100MB range, out of the (free) quota of 2GB.

Purchased resources are not synced through dropbox. They can be installed from Mac to iOS via local WiFi, but there is no need to back them up and they are always on the servers if a reinstall is needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...