Instant Details on Extended Screen

sdm1174

Greetings.

Using latest Accordance from App Store. Had 10, worked fine, no problems.

OS Sierra MacBook Pro Retina with Dell 32" 4k monitor

Instant Details will not amplify if in floating mode on extended display.

Works fine if confined to Retina display.

Works fine on extended display as long as the ID window is not in floating mode.

Answers?

PS - yes, i have made sure the preferences were set correctly.

PPS - when hovering over a scripture reference in a commentary it will toggle between KJV/ESV using cmd, but will not amplify when pressing the cmd key while hovering over a word in the text.

I'm on a 5k iMac with a 1080p external HP monitor. I can move my floating ID window to the external monitor with no problem.

I can move the floating ID window, too, but it will not amplify.  Example: I can hover over a word in the text and it will bring up Heb/Grk, but when I press the CMD key to amplify it will not function.  If I perform the same task while using the MacBook Retina display only, it works fine.

Yep. Got it. Everything works. I even switched the screens and made the 5k the external display. Everything I tried worked just fine.

Now, I'm not using a retina MBP, so I suppose it could be something specific to your setup.

I re-downloaded version 10. Works perfectly, as it should. Switched back over to 11, no joy.

Any suggestions?

Very odd. I believe you posted this in the tech support forum, too. They can help you better than I. IF it is a bug, we'll fix it.

Have you considered buying Accordance 12 and seeing if it solves the problem? I'm guessing tech support is probably swamped right now.

Checking...

Congratulations! Your upgrade is free. :-)

I hope you have already set up your Accordance account. If not, go here and do so. Then add Acc 12 to your account: https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Coll12-Starter-up11Sep

It will go to manual processing and our folks are really busy today, so it may take a bit. Be patient.

Enjoy!

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 1

Dr J!

I can't wait for your podcast going over the Accordance 12 enhancements!! I just got it downloaded and humming and now I am ready to learn me some new features!! Is there anywhere that has the new features listed on the website?

Hey!

I've been working on that podcast, but it's not done yet. Just got the release version myself today, along with everyone else. I hope to have one out next week. Meanwhile, enjoy the Accordance 12 Collections podcast, which I believe was released today. This link lists the new features: https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-12-New-Features/

Ok, I've upgraded to 12, same problem.  CMD will not amplify in the floating ID, works fine if fixed to the pane.  If confined to the Retina display works fine in either floating or fixed.  Went back to Accordance 10, no issues.

Ok, I've narrowed down the problem to this:

If I'm using the 32" 4k monitor @ 3840 X 2160 it will not display Instant Details properly.  

If I use the monitor at any lower resolution, say 3360 X 1890, it works perfectly.

I'm running 4k @ 60hz through MST.  Again, this problem does not occur on Version 10

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by sdm1174