Atlas for IOS (IPAD)

Sam787

Hi,

I made this topic just to express my concern and request. I recently bought the Essentials package, it is my first experience with Accordance. Having said this, I'm disappointed to hear that I won't be able to use Atlas on my IOS (IPAD). I think something expensive and advertised as to use in both in Mac and IOS should work properly and fully in both. For me, one of my reasons of buying it was exactly that, having the facility to use my iPad to study landmarks. One thing that really concerns me, that other people have posted similar things and they always receive the same answer since 2013. I think 3 years is enough time for developers to have worked and fix the issues. To the accordance people and programmers, please take this into consideration and make this happen. If you are really working on it, share some inside. Thank You

Hi sam, welcome to the forum and to accordance.

Personally i blame apple for not giving us a tablet with a full os. I suspect that the interactive functionality of atlas and timeline are hard to replicate on the limited ios. (The samples are static.) I really like the esv study bible maps on iOS as a substitute (and sacred bridge is awesome as an additional resource). There will always be a difference between the full fat and the ios versions and the ios version has really come on with the latest release.

Having lived with accordance for 5 years, I wouldnt want to be without the ios version now and we always want more. Initially ios was just so we could read and with each release we have got so much more but i suspect that a lot of functionality will be a compromise with the limitations of ios.

hopefully someone from the ios team will give you more detail.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks ukfraser, I really don't know how ESV maps work, but I'll check them out. I still think is not so much an apple problem, I have a few app that were much more complicated to do(in my opinion). In the case of Accordance in IOS being just to read or have some features, the program should be advertise just like that. It would be a Mac Program with some features for IOS. I don't know if I'm being clear, hope you get the idea. I definitely will check your suggestions. Thank you

From the beginning the iOS app was designed to be a companion app to the desktop program with a very limited feature set. Its purpose is to introduce new users to the Accordance ecosystem and allow existing users to read and perform simple searches on their existing modules on their mobile devices. It's why we give it away free.

That being said we are always adding new features but the team is very small and the desktop apps remain the current priority.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can also use the static atlases on iPad for instance the New Bible Atlas works fine and so does the Photo Guide for studying landmarks.

Carta Sacred Bridge is one of the nicest atlas resources that works well on the iPAD...

-Dan