Fonts: User Notes font issue

Thomas

Super-short version: I had a font meltdown. The Accordance program fonts are all in working order, but the User Notes are messed up. The text that I entered previously does not display correctly, only the square boxes [] [] [] [] [][][].

Suspected cause of the behavior: The note was made with a specific font, and Accordance has not inherent font substitution; if you delete the font in which a User Note was made, then the text will not display properly and you get the boxes.

Needless to say that I am writing a paper and needed my notes. I cracked open the note file in Text Wrangler out of desperation, but that solution will become worthless soon.

post-1078-1196934585_thumb.png

I suspect that you are using Leopard, 10.5, which is where our user notes font problems really started. However, it is now an option in the Preferences to use a standard set of fonts or all fonts for user notes. We have noticed that not all fonts are available to Accordance for user notes, and other people have had weird results as you do. I am not sure that we can do a global fix that saves you having to go through each note and reset the font. It should not lose the Scripture links, though.

Archived